Manufacturing Senior Supervisor
Manufacturing Senior Supervisor
We are now recruiting a Manufacturing Senior Supervisor to join our team in Little Island, Cork on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The role is based in the Little Island plant which is a critical component in our Concentrate manufacturing network. Operations is at the center of everything we do, this is where our food and beverages come to life and is the start of the journey to getting our product in the hands of our consumers. That’s why we need dedicated individuals who share our commitment to the fundamentals of our business in safety, quality, service and efficiency. Would you like to be involved in the manufacture of some of PepsiCo’s billion dollar brands? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
You will be responsible for approx 70 unionized direct reports, operating across 2 shifts. The scope of the role is broad and complex - managing 3 assembly lines, 8 fillers, and a compounding filler. There is a complex mix of automatic tracking and executional systems that needs to be monitored closely to ensure quality product is filled, assembled and shipped.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Deep understanding, leadership & responsibility for managing the salts business for PGCS
- Understand of Planning/Scheduling Processes, partner with SC Planners on ongoing basis
- Ability to interpret and execute budget planning
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and partner with key stakeholders cross functionally
- Ability to lead the salts department to the highest level of HSE and quality compliance
- Ability to engage, motivate and drive team towards productivity goals (seasonal employees and regular perm employees)
- Fostering and leading by example a quality oriented and safety-first mindset through continuous engagement, training and example.
- Efficiently and safely execute training to all F/L employees to ensure production schedules are met in a safe environment
- Manage the complexities that arise due to high turnover in the team (seasonal employees)
- Ability to interpret and support the future critical and high priority needs of the business, transform into a viable future proofing Capital/Planning Agenda
- Ability to work collaboratively with SIPTU, to ensure the needs of the business are met timely
- Ability to analyze complex data and identify trends/patterns
- Proven track record of growing/evolving culture in a positive way
- Minimum 5 years (proven track record) of operations management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated success and experience of leadership ideally within a unionized environment would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of delivering safety and quality performance through leadership and engagement
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally (safety, quality, customer service, planning, supply chain, maintenance, HR etc)
- Experience/expertise of automatic and semi automatic salts/powder fillers would be preferable but not essential
- Working knowledge of SAP to consume and create inventory and for traceability purposes would also be beneficial.
- A requirement of this role is to be able to work shift (day and evenings) as required.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular