Global Sr Sustainability Lead - Partnerships - Virtual
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
This person will be responsible for international development partner relationship building and engagement, opportunity identification, project creation, project oversight, technical inputs, and internal PepsiCo engagement for Sustainable Agriculture partnerships with other public and private sector collaborative partners. The Senior Manager will provide capacity building and technical support to PepsiCo internal teams focused on sustainable agricultural outcomes across multiple regions and rolls. S/he will also play a critical role in our engagement strategy in Washington, DC, building relationships with a range of potential clients and partners. This will include:
- Play a central role in expanding the portfolio of PepsiCo leadership by developing and deepening relationships with international development donor agencies, Foundations, commercial entities, foundations, development finance institutions, and others.
- Support the capture and proposal development process, including the management of proposals, writing of technical inputs, supporting development of cost inputs, and coordinating with partners, prime contractors, and subcontractors.
- Represent PepsiCo’s Performance with Purpose agricultural strategy and goals with partners.
- Identify and socialize internal possibilities for innovative development finance opportunities throughout PepsiCo supply chains.
- Lead project management activities focused on a portfolio of donor-co-funded programs in the areas of social, environmental and economic improvements in agricultural communities in PepsiCo supply chains globally.
- Serve as primary partner relationship manager under PepsiCo projects within the sustainable agriculture portfolio.
- Work hand in hand with Sustainable Agriculture team and local PepsiCo leads to:
- Provide technical support to the design, roll-out and implementation of programs.
- Support management and oversight for subcontractors – including budgets, SOWs, contracts, reporting, activities and deliverables
- Manage the overall project budget and manage financial reporting in PepsiCo systems.
- Oversee timely reporting, as required by the project contract and partner.
- Work with the PepsiCo teams to ensure contract compliance and project execution.
- Work with the relevant PepsiCo teams to design and develop project work plans and project activities in the US and the field.
- Work with the relevant PepsiCo teams teams to ensure delivery of high quality and timely deliverables.
- Manage a portfolio of joint partner projects, ensuring outstanding technical assistance delivery as well as efficient and compliant project/budget management.
Facilitation & capacity building:
- Provide technical assistance to PepsiCo sustainable agriculture team to provide capacity building around working on issues of sustainable agriculture with development partners
- Provide technical assistance to PepsiCo local procurement, legal, Public Policy and Government Affairs and other teams to coordinate and provide capacity building around working on issues of sustainable agriculture with development partners
- Advanced degree in international development or other related field
- 8+ years of experience in roles focused on global development context, preferably working with major international development donors
- 5+ years of experience in roles working with private sector companies
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing innovative approaches to international development challenges, with experience in open innovation competitions strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in facilitating cross-sector collaboration, preferably for international companies, impact investors, NGOs, donors or foundations operating in Africa, Asia, Europe & Eurasia, Latin America, and/or the Middle East
- Familiarity with donor agency policies and processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% - Global
- Eligibility to work in US
- Ideally based in Chicago, Dallas or New York - Must be near major airport
- Ability to work in a fantastic, dynamic, multi-national, multi-ethnic diverse team
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement