Lab Manager - Pepsico
PepsiCo is focused on delivering sustainable long-term growth while leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. To address this goal, we are transforming our portfolio, offering healthier options, and making our food system more sustainable by improving agricultural raw materials. A creative, results-oriented scientist is required to lead the day-to-day operations of the raw materials lab within the Agro Discovery Team. The purpose of this role is to ensure the coordination and execution of experiments that aid in the identification of disruptive technologies and address consumer and business objectives.
The laboratory manager will work closely with the raw materials lab principal investigator as well as across the Agro Discovery team to develop standardized lab protocols and procedures, establish strategies to deliver results, and ensure that the laboratory is run safely and efficiently.
- Design the execution of experiments and help analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations towards informing our discovery strategy
- Coordinate projects with key service providers in the following areas: genomics, metabolomics, proteomics, nutrition, and physical characterization.
- Implement and maintain our laboratory information management systems as well as workplace safety compliance practices
- Train and oversee laboratory staff to assure delivery of our objectives
- Maintain laboratory resources and ensure that the laboratory is sufficiently equipped
- Assess pertinent competitive technology developments and research innovations
- Bachelor’s with two years or more of experience or Master’s degree with less of one years of experience in a science or engineering discipline
- Experience in laboratory procedures and method development (e.g. biochemical assays, spectroscopy and chemometrics, molecular biology/genetic approaches, plant tissue culture)
- Experience managing multiple projects with a high degree of flexibility
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances and deliver aggressive business innovation targets while maintaining scientific excellence
- Experience working closely with colleagues on complex projects in a matrix team structure
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analysis skills
- Results driven, self-motivated, and strong team and leadership skills with experience training individuals to perform complex tasks
- Goal oriented professional with evidence of applied strategic thinking.
- This position will be located in St. Paul, MN
- Must be willing to work flex-schedule to accommodate phone and video conferences across multiple time zones as an efficient alternative to travel
- Occasionally must be willing to travel to other PepsiCo R&D sites in the US
- No Relocation Assistance is available
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement