Category Manager - Costco & BJs
The Demand Xcelerator (DX) team represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space resources supporting Sales and Marketing plans across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers.
As a Category Manager, you will deliver strategic insight in support of the PepsiCo Team while partnering with an enterprise customer. Specifically, this role will work to identify market trends, competitive threats, brand strategies and customer strategies in order to increase sales and market share.
- Primary responsibility is to lead, enhance, and grow the PepsiCo relationship with the Category Buyer by being a thought leader and “go-to” resource for all category, shopper and consumer trends, and merchandising solutions. Use shopper specific granular analytics from multiple data sources across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business-building recommendations for category growth.
- Secondary responsibilities include leveraging multiple data sources to gain a deep understanding of consumer and shopper behavior and interactions across products, geographies, cohorts, and occasions. This analysis will be used to drive the customer's learning agenda.
You will also be required to:
- Lead category management and insights’ initiatives for the Frito Lay portfolio at Costco & BJ’s
- Conduct detailed category decompositions and reporting leveraging appropriate information resources including IRI POS, IRI Panel, and Custom Shopper Research to drive Insights to action
- Provide insights on emerging shopper and market trends through reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Use objective, detailed analysis and insights development to build and maintain long-term relationships with both the Costco and BJ’s buying teams and the PepsiCo sales teams
- Strengthen relationships with internal business unit teams to ensure sales and the retailer has the best brand and category insights available
- Communicate insights and best in class results to divisional/corporate personnel, as well as, other category management team members
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of category management experience including analyzing and interpreting data, building retailer focused stories, and managing teams/projects
- Strong leadership skills – ability to influence activities of individual team members towards goals
- Strong analytical skills – ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan and drive action
- Excellent communication skills – ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Strong teamwork skills – possess exceptional group facilitation skills
- Strong planning/organizing skills – capable of managing major projects simultaneously
- Able to establish and attain high standards for self and team; able to make decisions and solve problems
- Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
Location semi-flexible within South. Preference of Plano/DFW Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement