We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
That's why we perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies and improve processes…all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
Demand Xcelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo
This role will lead a PepsiCo Kroger Category Leadership team, with specific responsibility for the Beverage business. The primary objectives of this role are to drive accelerated growth, market share gains, and elevated customer partnership via Shopper/Customer Insights. Key accountabilities include guiding the annual AOP/Big Bet planning process; conducting deep-dive shopper/business/competitive analytics; identifying the most critical “problems-to-solve”; developing a deep understanding of the Kroger Shopper; and leading the customer’s KOMPASS process.
- Leverage Kroger syndicated and internal analytical resources to generate broad exportable, actionable insights for Kroger and PepsiCo
- Educate selling teams on current trends/insights relevant to future growth and development
- Develop, maintain, and communicate performance via reporting/tracking tools
- Foster customer partnership through planogram/assortment leadership
- Serve as category captain for all Beverages and provide assortment/space recommendations
- Lead process and coordinate internal space planning team and customer buying team efforts to develop cohesive sets that deliver against strategic objectives
- Provide Analytics and Insights to support PepsiCo AOP, Growth Summit Meetings and Internal Business Reviews
- Customer Development – proven ability to interface at all levels of management
- Insights and Category Management functional experience
- Cross functional collaboration – ability to set the insights agenda & inspire /collaborate cross functionally to gain alignment on solutions
- People Leadership
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA degree preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience across CPG and Category Management
- Working knowledge of 84.51 preferred
- Prior team leadership and people management experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills
- Creativity and strategy skills
- Persuasive leadership and influencing skills
- Business relationship management
- Strong organization and communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical, data analysis, problem solving, and storytelling experience
- Need thorough understanding of IRI/Nielsen syndicated data, Space Management software (e.g. JDA ProSpace) and other Grocery industry data sources (HH panel, ShoperSights,etc)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement