Work for a global company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands!
At PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand, we believe that the people in our diverse workforce are the key to our success. We are home to some of the world’s most trusted brands such as Smith's Chips, Doritos, Red Rock Deli, Nobby’s Nuts, Pepsi Max and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and are committed to recruiting, training, and retaining high quality people.
The Smiths Snackfood Company currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join our successful team working Full Time on Night Shift (22:30-0630) Sunday Night to Thursday Night on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
There is the possibility to extend this vacancy to a permanent role for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Maintenance Frontline Manager, you will work as part of a team to achieve targeted levels of plant availability through planned preventative, corrective and where necessary, reactive electrical maintenance.
Key accountabilities for the role:
- Perform trouble shooting as well as planned preventative and corrective electrical maintenance on all plant and equipment across our highly automated site.
- Carry out fault finding and programming on PLC and VSD control systems, calibrating and replacing instrumentation as required.
- Perform minor installations and commissioning work when needed, in a professional, timely and safe manner following all PepsiCo standards and procedures.
- Assist in identifying, documenting and implementing improvements to plant and equipment, as well as maintenance work methods and procedures to improve machine availability, quality and safety.
- Document and report risk management, core compliance, scorecards and key governance as required.
- Update and extract data from the Computerised Maintenance Management System; SAP PM.
- Work with and assist outside contractors as and when required.
Essential Requirements for the Role:
- Trade recognised Electrical License (QLD) ideally with a certificate 4 in Automation.
- Experience in and knowledge of Machine Safety Systems as well as Instrumentation, ideally within the Food Industry.
- Exposure to and extensive experience in SCADA Control Systems (ideally Wonderware), Automation and PLC skills (ideally Allen Bradley and Siemens). Minimum 5 years experience required.
- Ability to read and understand Electrical, Mechanical & Pneumatics drawings, with working knowledge of Pneumatics, Hydraulics and Robotics.
- Capability in diagnosing basic data and networking issues, with the ability to solve problems and prioritise tasks using a systematic approach.
- Ability to work autonomously and safely under pressure, while contributing to a wider team environment.
What we can offer you at PepsiCo Tingalpa:
- Great team environment!
- Staff parking.
- Canteen on-site.
- Free on-site health professionals.
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our PepsiCo Extras program.
The rate of pay for this role is $47.08 per hour, plus a Shift Loading of $10.59 per hour, plus a Tool Allowance of $24.74 per week, as well as paid meal breaks.
Working at PepsiCo:
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
Our Commitment is to deliver Sustained Growth through Empowered People acting with Responsibility and Trust.
#LI_DNIRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary