Associate Director - R&D - Beverages
Main Purpose –
The main purpose of the role is to provide structured Technical Project Management support to deliver regional Innovation and Productivity AOP targets primarily for India, also for MENA regional projects as required.
Provide technical project management support in commercialization of Brand Stewardship challenges. Deliver all Product & Process Development activities as per the Technical Stage Gate process to ensure no quality, Food Safety, or regulatory issues.
Provide technical subject matter expertise and 'trouble shooting' support to the regional team on all Beverage related topics.
Focus on development of solutions that are ready for commercialization, can be scaled within the region, and, are meeting overall Global R&D guardrails and Regional business imperatives.
Provide technical subject matter expertise and 'trouble shooting' support to the regional team on all Beverage related topics. Compliance to Global R&D and PGCS processes, tools, and, best practices to create efficiencies in regional PD initiatives.
All the above will be achieved through partnership with Category team and strong collaboration with all R&D disciplines at the region level, and Global Beverages R&D functional and Platform teams.
- End to end Technical project management of AOP Innovation and Productivity initiatives to support delivery of Innovation Revenue and Productivity savings.
- Provide technical process support to all PDs for development of R&D solutions to address Brand Stewardship challenges resulting from regulatory or internal guardrails requirements
- Deliver the Product & Process Development activities as per the Technical Stage Gate process to ensure no quality, Food Safety, or regulatory issues for Innovation, Productivity, and Brand Stewardship initiatives
- Develop solutions that are ready for commercialization, can be scaled within the region, and wider.
- Technical lead for development of mid-longer term Innovation and Productivity solutions to deliver PSP plans.
Drive Organization Health
- Take the lead on building team’s Technical Project Management skills to help enable delivery of AOP and PSP plans.
- Ensure process oriented WOW with Global R&D and Regional business partners, and build stronger process capability in the team.
Leadership Team Accountabilities
- Individual Project Forums
- Technical Stage Gate
- India Beverage Project Team Cross Discipline forum
Product Development (flavors, microbiology, ingredients science…)
Consumer research and Sensory
Ability to be the Technical Representative in Cross functional, Cross discipline, Catgeory team and Global R&D team forums.
Process orientation ; ability to understand the importance of processes in driving efficiency, and able to drive projects leveraging the standardized processes, best practices and systems.
Ability to think multidimensionally (considering aspects of PD, business, guradrails ) to inform sound decision making.
Strong network across the R&D, Supply Chain, and Category organization and full understanding of the POM/Category model
Ability to clearly articulate rationales, substantiations, POVs to communicate effectively with cross functional partners.
Job Type: Regular