Senior Manager, Brand Design
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $66 billion in net revenue in 2014, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth and shareholder value. In practice, Performance with Purpose means providing a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and reduce our operating costs; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities where we operate.
Why PepsiCo Design?
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute.
Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo’s beverage, snacks and nutrition portfolios, with today’s hyper-connected, networked users and consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand experiences across multiple touch points and regions of the world.
As the Senior Manager of Brand Design for Frito Lay in charge of brand experience, you are responsible for the management and execution of comprehensive brand and innovation design projects within the Frito Lay North America portfolio. You will demonstrate superior ability to inspire and engage cross-functional teams, and drive brand design concept ideations through execution and implementation with internal and external cross-functional partners. You will lead and engage in design project management and brand design development across all consumer touch points for our iconic brands.
• Brand Design Development: Takes ownership or partners to lead the visual identity for specific brands in the portfolio, working in collaboration with the Chief Design Officer, the Global Group design leader and the other PepsiCo design leaders, driving brand, product, packaging, marketing materials, licensing and social media. Have the experience and ability to identify opportunities in business and plan for them through design strategy and execution. Generates creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output and share it with internal and external team members. Participates in research activities and effectively translates customer needs into actionable design requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to execute those requirements into design solutions. Responsible for driving to final design recommendations, decisions and design approval to enable artwork execution / production phases. Ensure thorough consideration of all project variables and that the final solution will perform as planned.
• Design Project Management: Responsible for partnering across disciplines within Frito Lay North America Snacks and external vendors to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time. Energizes and leads both the internal team and external design resources from idea phase to commercialization. Ensures each stakeholder understands his/her role and responsibilities throughout the creative process. Regularly reviews the status of projects with appropriate leadership to verify that Company and Division expectations are met.
• Lifestyle, Design, & Culture: Responsible for staying ahead of current trends in design, fashion, music, lifestyle brands, social media, and all relevant digital platforms. Followed by the need to translate into design solutions consumer connections to elevate our brands, make them hyper-relevant and drives deep consumer love.
• Support the PepsiCo Design Organization: Partners regularly with R&D and business teams. Shares his / her work and supports the development of design culture in the US Regions.
• External Design Network: Supports the PepsiCo Design Organization in building and cultivating a strong external design network.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 12+ years of deep brand design experience
- Bachelors degree (s) in Design, specifically Graphic Design, Industrial Design or similar curriculum
- Extraordinary taste in design, fashion, and lifestyle culture
- Experience with consumer product licensing, from identifying the right partnerships to creative direction to delivering robust style guides and promoting through social media
- Experience and a practitioner of Design Thinking and its methodologies and training
- Ability to work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Ability to articulate design, design strategy and value of design across multiple functions
- Can effectively influence senior levels in the organization across regions and functions
- Can get things done through formal and informal channels
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Works well with others to deliver results; keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises
- Must be willing and able to travel 30% of the time on regular trips from Dallas to NYC
Position reports to: Sr. Director PepsiCo Design @ Frito Lay
Self-starting with an “intrapreneurial” spirit
Immersed fashion, music, art, and culture
A social media influencer with a keen expertise in social digital
Adept to managing and navigating ambiguity
Optimistic, passionate, & curious
Empathetic to consumers and internal stakeholders
Fluent in design and conversant on emerging food & nutrition trends
Good at storytelling, visually & verbally
Passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
Personality-wise, you’re passionate about figuring out how to build a bright future through innovative thinking and collaboration. With your deft communication skills, you’re adept at bringing disparate points of view into alignment and creating a single, cohesive vision. You express yourself clearly and persuasively to senior leadership and key stakeholders at all organizational levels, and you’re well-versed in inspiring others to find creative solutions. You’re not only a gifted ambassador, but, an unflappable leader when it comes managing priorities. If you’re a big thinker with an innovative mind, passion for your work, have exceptional design taste, a social and design influencer, relentlessly positive, remarkably humble and want to build a beautiful future, then we have a job for you!Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement