R&D General Operative – Seasoning Team
In this role you will be a full member of the seasoning team supporting the WESSA area innovation programs. This covers the preparation, packing, labelling and storage of samples, including those for sales conferences, top to top meetings and for the sales force to use in support of product launches whilst maintaining AIB standards. You will also be expected to dispatch samples as required and ensure the correct storage of samples to fully comply with all audit requirements.
- Seasoning functionality assessment – responsible for carrying out technical assessment in Pilot Plant and Analytical Laboratory and communicating results to PD’s.
- Support for the seasoning trials involving attendance in UK and potentially non-UK plants.
- Base management/supply and sending to suppliers aligned to seasoning projects.
- Managing CoA’s, SDA’s and COSSH assessemnts.
- Managing PCI requests – ensuring samples are delivered for Analytical, Micro and Sensory testing.
- Sales samples manufacture and management – including base collection, correct labelling in line with Regulatory requirements and organising delivery to a strict timeline.
- Stock management in line with site policy including use of off site facilities. Managing the Raw Mat database and material management incl. GMP for store rooms, freezer, frideges etc. including managing film & carton stock and sending for relevant trials.
- Maintaining hygiene standards through effective cleaning of specialist equipment and material handling.
Key Skills Required
- Ability to work in a food safe environment including a laboratory/pilot plant environment.
- Numerate to GCSE standard and preferably A level.
- Computer literate – familiar with Microsoft office.
- Kowledge of AIB requirements (external food safety standards).
- Full driving licence.
- Knowledge of operating packaging machine (desirable)
- Some travel may be required.
Job Type: Regular