Food Safety/EHS Coordinator
The Food Safety/EHS Coordinator is responsible for leadership of the Cincinnati, OH departmental EHS Programs, including coordinating and facilitating salaried and hourly direct engagement in EHS to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment. The EHS Resource will lead, train and support various departments to meet their goals.
JOB DUTIES / EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintains comprehensive systems to ensure compliance of the Food Safety Management System
- Performs and documents GMP audits and ensures compliance with applicable regulations and company policies
- Performs internal EHS, and food safety/quality audits
- Participate in the Internal Audit Program
- Coordinates training for plant quality and operations personnel on the Food Safety Management System and EHS programs
- Assist Management and Team Members with applicable Quality and EHS tasks/activities
- Verifies and validates the Food Safety Management System’s programs and procedures
- Ensures Food Safety Management and EHS records are maintained
- Works cross-functionally to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety Management System
- Must possess a very sound value system, as poor judgment/decision making can place employees, the site and the Company at great risk or liability.
- Professionally interact with individuals from all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills and collaborate with others while working on shared safety responsibilities.
- Ability to represent PNAB in a positive manner, and instill confidence in others regarding our safety compliance status
- Ability to work independently, reliably, and aggressively toward obtaining personal and company-defined goals.
- Demonstrate an overall understanding of the business to effectively support all plant functions while focusing on delivering specific safety objectives.
- Ability to prioritize when given multiple assignments at once
- Flexible and adaptable to changing job tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation, group speaking, and otherwise sound communication skills.
- Flexibility to work differing hours/schedules to accommodate all shifts and functions
- Minimum of three years QA experience in a food processing environment required
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, and FSSC22000
- Working knowledge of OSHA Standards and other EHS regulatory requirements
- Attention to detail, strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated; self-disciplined with ability to work under limited direction
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- HACCP Certification, PCQI Certification preferred
- Internal Auditor experience preferred
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement