Customer Manager – SpartanNash
Customer Manager Position – SpartanNash & Central & South Balance of Channel Customers
As part of PepsiCo’s commitment to encouraging people to live healthier, we're committed to delivering products that offer more nutritional benefits while maintaining the same great taste, value and convenience that consumers love in our brands. This includes PepsiCo North America Nutrition, a division that is charged with creating nutrition synergies within our Quaker, Tropicana, Naked Juice and Kevita portfolios to drive continued growth
**This role will sit remotely in Grand Rapids MI, metropolitan area or the NAN Chicago Plaza
- Represent PepsiCo North America Nutrition Sales full portfolio of brands
- Deliver annual volume, trade spend and profit plan
- On-going analysis and review of business trends to identify gaps to plan and execution
- Lead Annual Operating Plan & Forecast process, collaborating with Finance, Business Units and Business Development Manager
- Maintenance of Financial Event Planner (Prosper). Leverage Excel modeling to assess financials, valuation, and alternate scenarios. Collaborate with Advantage Sales representative on contract creation and archiving.
- Develop annual promotion plan while adhering to trade guidelines and ensure flawless execution through consistent customer engagement and buy-in
- Make regular headquarter buyer calls, identify customer needs/priorities and creating fact-based selling presentations
- Ensure customers maintain a strategic product mix through SKU optimization -- both new item sell-in and/or SKU reduction
- Actively participate in customer payment processing including financial contracts, performance and collection
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of sales experience; preferably with a consumer packaged goods organization
- A minimum of 2 years of fact-based direct selling experience
Skills & Capabilities:
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and follow up skills
- Seasoned in conflict management
- Strong computer skills
- Solid understanding of financials including P&L impact of sales decisions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Proven leadership capability with a track record of leading and influencing large multi-level teams
- Capability to excel in Sales
- Commitment and ability to succeed within a fast paced organization.
- Business & financial acumen.
- Ability to travel 10- 20% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement