Packaging and Warehouse Automation Engineer
*This role can be based in various FLUS plant locations*
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our perspectives into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.As a Packaging and Warehouse Automation Engineer, you'll be responsible for leading the commercialization efforts of equipment development for packaging and warehouse automation projects.
- Technical guidance and testing for packaging and warehouse scanners and automation
- Managing vendors on execution schedule and cost
- Develop and Execute work plans
- Heavy participate with cross-functional teams of colleagues and outside resources including vendors and consultants
- Develop equipment installation and start-up plans
- Manage budget, schedule attainment and achievement of project performance metrics
- Provide timely and accurate status to senior leadership of installation, performance, and vendor execution
- Balance project deliverables and competing priorities
- Support vendor qualification, bidding and evaluations processes
- Support development of capital appropriation requests (CAR’s) and purchase orders to vendors as needed
- 5+ Years of meaningful experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Strong Analytical & Computer Skills
- Proven Ability to Multi-Task
- Demonstrated “Technical Curiosity”
- Innovative “Out of the Box” Thinking Skills to Drive Transformational Change
- Knowledge of Packaging and Warehouse Operations and Equipment
- Exposure to Warehouse/Distribution Center Operations
- Maintenance Responsibilities/Experience a plus
- Exposure to various manufacturing automation technologies and controls
- Detailed understanding of the business justification process for productivity
- Understanding of Lean Supply Chain Principals
- Understanding of Packaging Operations
- Strong Communication/Presentations Skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement