Senior Manager, Global Brand Design
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $66 billion in net revenue in 2014, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth and shareholder value. In practice, Performance with Purpose means providing a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and reduce our operating costs; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities where we operate.
Why PepsiCo Design?
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute.
Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo’s beverage, snacks and nutrition portfolios, with today’s hyper-connected, networked users and consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand experiences across multiple touch points and regions of the world.
The Brand Design Senior Manager is a senior designer responsible for the management and execution of comprehensive brand and graphic design projects within the Global portfolio. Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to inspire and engage cross-functional teams, and drive from ideation to execution quality brand design solutions, directly executing them or working with external partners.
The main objective of this role is to execute major brand design projects across the global portfolio. This means planning, organizing, and implementing consistent design principles and production processes to ensure that the design/production guardrails are met.
- Design Project Management: Responsible for partnering across disciplines within PepsiCo and external suppliers to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time. Energizes and leads both the internal team and external design resources from idea phase to commercialization. Ensures each stakeholder understands his/her role and responsibilities throughout the creative process. Regularly reviews the status of projects with appropriate leadership to verify that Company and Division expectations are met.
- Brand Design Development: Takes ownership of the visual identity for specific brands in the portfolio, working in collaboration with the Chief Design Officer, the Global Group design leader and the other design leaders, cutting across brand, product, packaging, marketing equipment, and advertising. Generates creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output and share it with internal and external team members. Participates in research activities and effectively translates customer needs into actionable design requirements. Execute those requirements into design solutions. Responsible for driving to final design recommendations, decisions and design approval to enable artwork execution / production phases. Ensure thorough consideration of all project variables and that the final solution will perform as planned
- Design R&D and Innovation: Identifies and promotes self-initiated design programs that generate critical business value for one or more divisions
- Supporting the PepsiCo Design Organization in OUS Regions: Partners regularly with the OUS Design, R&D and business teams. Shares his / her work and supports the development of design culture in the OUS Regions
- External Design Network: Supports the PepsiCo Design Organization in building and cultivating a strong external design network.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- 12+ years of deep brand design experience
- Extraordinary design taste
- Extraordinary ability in using the Adobe Creative Suite softwares
- Ability to work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Can effectively influence senior levels in the organization across regions and functions
- Can get things done through formal and informal channels
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Works well with others to deliver results; keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises
- Must be willing and able to travel 15% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement