The PKI Engineer will be part of Global Certificate Authority (CA) team responsible for ensuring that all communications between servers & devices/applications/systems are secure. This includes implementing/enhancing/sustaining the services with an understanding of the infrastructure (hardware, software (CA, HSM), design/architecture, data centers, networks, ports, and load balancers), and how all the components interact together.
This role will design, configure, implement, report on, sustain, resolve complex issues, govern and enhance CA/PKI, HSM, and the Certificate Services. The position will be responsible for the certificate authority (CA) that both issues and verifies the digital certificates. The role will also be responsible for day-to-day sustainment, maintenance, enhancement, governance and reporting of CA/PKI/HSM environments including on-call sustainment globally. The role will partner with application and system teams to on-board new entities with certificates and sustain existing implementations.
Job duties will include:
- Upgrading and deploying to all environments
- Analyzing all aspects of the existing infrastructure and provide recommendations to enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability
- Assisting in defining standards, guidelines, leading practices, metrics and continuous validation of leading practices
- Troubleshooting to solve unique and complex problems related to infrastructure & PKI
- Learning and deploying new security products
- Day to day responsibility for operation of certificate authority services, HSM & Key Management, and full life cycle management including reporting and monitoring
- Interface with Internally and externally hosted Certification Authorities (CAs) and Registration Authorities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of experience with an enterprise level IT environment
- 8+ years of experience in monitoring, developing and implementation of information security systems
- Experience implementing, maintaining and operating Public Key Infrastructure (CA, HSM, KCLM)
- Experience effectively working directly with clients, team members, technical experts, professional staff, and management as needed to provide operational support
- Experience planning and executing software and/or infrastructure upgrades with minimal service disruption
- Strong infrastructure design and documentation skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement