Warehouse Design Engineer
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
What you'll do:
As a Warehouse Design Engineer, you'll partner with other functions (Ops S&D, GTM, PIT) to develop and implement innovation material handling solutions that deliver groundbreaking productivity and service improvements.
- Analyze data to build optimal concepts for productivity with lowest capital costs
- Develop high level concept for Warehouse Automation based on inputs from other teams (Network Design, General Contractor, Operations)
- Able to think beyond conventional warehouse models to create “Out of the Box” concepts to push productivity
- Engage vendors to develop ROM costs for multiple iterations of concepts that drive final financial inputs to CAR
- Build financial modeling for Warehouse capital costs, General Contractor Capital Costs, and expenses
- Create charters to guide Warehouse scope for the project
- Define detailed design with Vendors, Operations, General Contractor
- Gain alignment with all key partners on concept and direction for Warehouse Automation projects
- Develop high level schedule using Microsoft Project for key activities needed to hit STS dates
- Create detailed RFP with high level executive summary to send to vendors
- Conduct and lead design calls with vendors and multi-functional team
- Make vendor selection recommendations by gaining consent from senior leadership
- Build and clearly define all needed hand-off documents to the Deployment Team
- 5+ Years Meaningful Experience
- Strong knowledge of warehouse/distribution fundamentals is preferable
- Strong data analysis and computer skills
- Exposure to Warehouse/Distribution Center Operations
- Maintenance responsibilities/experience a plus
- Exposure to various manufacturing and material handling automation technologies and controls
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement