Senior Designer, Design Innovation (Industrial Design)
Senior Designer, Global Design Innovation (Industrial Design)
Why Design Innovation?
Our mission is to drive the innovation agendas for PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses to help it grow and transform beyond its core. We drive innovation by defining, prototyping, learning and launching strategically aligned and commercially viable new products, services, retail experiences, brands and systems - while eating Cheetos. We challenge and seek to change how PepsiCo works to drive true business innovation.
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve business problems that drive meaningful growth. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us. We know what it takes to make ideas a reality and bring that into everything we do.
- Self-starting with entrepreneurial spirit
- Adept managing ambiguity
- Resilient with hustle
- Energized by challenges
- Optimistic & curious
- A creative multi-disciplinary fluid thinker who never gives up
- Able to toggle between strategy & execution
- Empathetic to consumers and internal stakeholders
- Fluent in design and conversant on emerging food & nutrition trends
- Good at storytelling, visually & verbally
- Passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
You will get to:
In this role you will reports to the Senior Manager, Global Design Innovation and work in collaboration with others Design & Innovation team members to effectively develop and deliver design strategies and compelling designed experiences (brand, product, packaging, retail, merchandising) that have strategic business value.
Experienced Design or Research Practitioner: You will deliver effective design thinking & innovation projects for PepsiCo’s businesses demonstrating superior ability to conduct primary and secondary research, identify trends, analyze research data to identify design & business insights, translate insights into opportunities, and create holistic design solutions that meet business goals.
You’ll showcase design thinking which underpins all our engagements and are familiar with design methodologies (tools, techniques) and can envision potential outcomes (visions, scenarios) in order to deliver against consumer, business, and customer needs. You get the opportunity to learn from experienced design thinking and innovation professionals and help to evolve the thinking behind the tools and methodology.
You will showcase:
- A keen interest in people, design & business
- Draw on diverse perspectives to solve design problems and drive effective solutions
- Articulate design vision through prototyping, scenario modeling, strategic roadmaps, etc.
- Collaborate closely with others to cross-pollinate ideas, methods, and approaches
- Work collaboratively to build relationships and get things done through formal and informal channels
- Proven ability to effectively incorporate research (including primary and secondary research) in strategic design processes
- 6+ years of experience, with a minimum of 2 years (recent) in a strategic industrial design role
- Degree(s) in Industrial Design
- Must present portfolio of work
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- Proven experience in Brand Strategy, Design Strategy, Insights, Communications, Innovation & Product Development from ideation to implementation/ execution.
- Compelling presentation and proposal skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement