Senior Designer, Design Innovation (Brand Design)
Why Design Innovation?
Our mission is to drive the innovation agendas for PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses to help it grow and transform beyond its core. We drive innovation by defining, prototyping, learning and launching strategically aligned and commercially viable new products, services, retail experiences, brands and systems. We challenge and seek to change how PepsiCo works to drive true business innovation.
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve business problems that drive meaningful growth. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us. We know what it takes to make ideas a reality and bring that into everything we do.
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Adept at managing ambiguity
- Resilient with lots of hustle
- Energized by challenges
- Always wanting to frame a better brief through the lens of trends, consumer & business
- Empathetic to consumers, customers and internal stakeholders
- Fluent in design and conversant on emerging food & nutrition trends
- A storyteller, visually & verbally
- Comfortable multitasking
- Passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
You will get to:
In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager, Global Brand Design and collaborate with other Design & Innovation team members to effectively develop and iterate design strategies and product/service/experience ideas.
Gain more experience with Design Thinking & Research: You’ll participate in design research identifying trends, insights, tribes. You will prototype products, services & experiences and learn from people. You’ll analyze data to identify key insights. You will create insightful and compelling experiences based on those insights and prototypes.
Continue to learn from experienced design thinking and innovation professionals and help evolve the thinking behind the tools and methodologies.
In addition to the below, you should have multifaceted interests, but a deep skill in graphic design & communications.
- A keen interest in people, design & business
- Draw on diverse perspectives to solve design problems and drive effective solutions
- Translate ideas into compelling visuals & graphics that communicate clearly
- Collaborate closely with others to get feedback to improve and evolve work
- Work collaboratively to build relationships and get things done through formal and informal channels
- 6+ years of experience, with a minimum of 4 years (recent) in a hands-on graphic design role
- BS/MS Degree(s) in Communication Design, Experience Design, Brand Design, Graphic Design
- Expert at Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
- Proven experience in developing strategic brands, packaging, experiences.
- Keen eye for consumer behavior trends in addition to extraordinary design savvy
- Compelling presentation and proposal skills with experience presenting to management and/or clients
- Proven ability to multi-task, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Works well with others to deliver results; keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement