R&D Senior Data Engineer
PepsiCo's Global R&D Organization is taking action in an effort to keep pace with global digital transformation. Most notably a program called DIMA (Data Intelligence, Management & Analytics) was created to streamline and advance their digital capability. The DIMA team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help pioneer this groundbreaking initiative and construct a global R&D data infrastructure at the ground level using many of the latest tools and technologies.
This is a fast paced, challenging and rewarding opportunity that will have a profound impact on how data is leveraged to drive PepsiCo's R&D business goals and stay competitive in this digital age.
As the Senior Data Engineer, you will utilize your programming and system design skills to build and test a global data architecture that effectively captures, links, stores and uses R&D data. You will frequently engage the R&D community to better understand data requirements and use cases, while learning the business along the way. You will also:
Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in existing data systems.
Identify, design & implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability.
Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL or related technologies.
Work with R&D Governance team to implement existing or create new data standards that can be applied globally, implementing automation where possible.
Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- 4+ years experience in a data engineering-type role.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Build process supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Project management, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience building and optimizing "big data" data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Data Lake.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured data sets.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement