Senior Scientist - NACP Product Development
We’re looking for individuals with the passion and drive to deliver against our PepsiCo promise of Performance with Purpose and the Starbucks vision to inspire and nurture the human spirit, one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time.
Tap into your coffee passion to creatively develop against all the emerging ingredient, flavor, and culinary trends and decide how they can potentially apply to the world of coffee beverages.
As a Senior Scientist on the NACP, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of growing partnership between market leaders to help bring to reality cutting edge coffee innovation. Utilizing your passion, creativity, and technical skills, you will be looked upon to lead and contribute to our continued efforts to grow and expand as the RTD Beverage Coffee Platform leaders in the US.
Lead and support the product development process from ideation to launch, including development of benchtop prototypes, implementation and maintenance of stability testing, exploring results in consumer research, and translating product development efforts from concept to scale up and commercialization
Provide product formulation expertise by accurately preparing laboratory beverages and concentrates utilizing new and novel ingredients, while creating and maintaining beverage documents and ensuring products are safe, stable, and legal
Lead and assess technical feasibility and product development activities across multiple thermal process platforms i.e. low acid retort, low acid aseptic, low acid ESL tunnel pasteurization
Balance multiple projects and provide technical guidance and bench development for targeted development initiatives for brand new innovation and existing brand platforms
Develop and maintain effective working relationships across technical and non-technical functions, including Starbucks partners, as necessary to lead and influence cross functional teams to reach project objectives
Lead application of consumer research and experimental design to drive new product concept feasibility and development projects
Conduct trouble shooting and root cause analysis for brand maintenance issues
- B.S. and 3-4 years of experience OR
- M.S. and 1-3 years of experience
- Ability to provide technical leadership and insight on tactical aspects of beverage development projects across multiple thermal process platforms and utilizing a range of different processing equipment and new and novel ingredients
- Effective use of technology for communication, document development, and Excel spreadsheet manipulations to support project initiatives and day to day business objectives (Box.com, Word, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Skype)
- Collaboration and team work mindset to communicate and work cross functionally across multiple partners in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to be able to develop, maintain, and influence dynamic relationships across technical and non-technical business partners and functional groups including marketing, sales, technical operations, and supply chain
- Effectively manage multiple projects within time bound schedules while demonstrating strong multitasking, time management, and prioritization skills
- Food/Dairy Science or Food/Chemical Engineering background preferred
- Previous technical experience in beverage development or processing across benchtop, pilot, and commercial production environments
- Previous beverage development or process experience utilizing coffee and/or dairy ingredients
- Demonstrates ability to learn and use key processes: ProductVision, FMS, Food Law, LIMS, MDN, and eNPPR
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement