Global Director - Nutrient Profiling
PepsiCo Physiology and Life Sciences team requires nutrient profiling capability and expertise to guide strategy related to portfolio transformation, product positioning and innovation globally. This position will be responsible for managing the PepsiCo nutrient profiling (PepsiCo Nutrition Criteria PNC) and ensuring it stays aligned with dietary recommendations from global authorities translated to our product categories. A key component of this role will be ensuring the nutrient profiling system is accessible and transparent externally, guiding a publication pipeline to validate methodology and plan to engage in external scientific communication to demonstrate that this criteria can impactfully drive PepsiCo’s efforts in reformulation. In addition, this role will provide guidance on the contribution of our portfolio in the context of external nutrient profiling systems globally. Furthermore, this position will be required to lead the external engagement strategy on the science of nutrient profiling and coordinate regional resources that engage externally with thought leaders and policy makers to inform key decisions that ultimately communicate nutrition to consumers. This position will collaborate closely with cross functional teams in R&D, Government affairs and communications in addition to our business teams. As such the following will be required:
- Expertise and global experience in developing nutrient profiling systems, analysis, modeling and impact assessment.
- History of external policy engagement with impact.
- Knowledge of nutrition science - the fundamental science related to the over or under consumption of nutrients.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across diverse stakeholders.
- Ph.D. in nutrition sciences or closely related field. Expertise in dietetics an advantage.
- Proven experience and track record in nutrient profiling with peer reviewed publications to demonstrate is a must
- 10 years of experience/expertise in nutrient profiling from organizations with a strong focus on public health
- 5 years working in CPG or pharmaceutical industries
- Creativity, Innovation and excellent communication skills
- Proven collaborative, leadership and influencing style
- Ability to work independently but also be an effective team player
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills demonstrated by the ability to positively influence
- For the right candidate, the role can be based in Chicago, Washington DC or Cork Ireland
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement