Our Physiology and Life Sciences team here at PepsiCo is looking for a Director of Nutrition Profiling to lead global strategies on nutrient profiling. This team is responsible for profiling capability and providing expertise to guide strategy related to portfolio transformation, product positioning and innovation globally.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with a diverse range of external stakeholders from academia, NGOs, trade organizations and industry peers to advance the plethora of nutrient profiling schemes to a streamlined system, while offering clear guidance to advance consumer knowledge and consequently health. In addition, you will manage the internal PepsiCo nutrient profiling system, ensuring it stays aligned with dietary recommendations from global authorities translated to our product categories.
While the preference is for this role to be based at our World Headquarters in Purchase, New York, we are open to the following PepsiCo R&D locations - Chicago, Illinois; Plano, Texas; Cork, Ireland; Green Park, Reading and Beaumont Park, Leicester, UK.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Ensuring the nutrient profiling system is accessible and transparent externally, guiding a publication pipeline to validate methodology and plan to engage in external scientific communication to demonstrate that these criteria can impactfully drive PepsiCo's efforts in reformulation
- Provide guidance on the contribution of our portfolio in the context of external nutrient profiling systems globally
- Lead external engagement strategy on the science of nutrient profiling and coordinate regional resources that engage externally with thought leaders and policy makers to inform key decisions that ultimately communicate nutrition to consumers
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams in R&D, Government Affairs and Communications in addition to our business teams
- Ph.D. in nutrition sciences or closely related field. Expertise in dietetics an advantage
- Proven experience and track record in nutrient profiling with peer reviewed publications to demonstrate
- 10 years of experience/expertise in nutrient profiling from organizations with a strong focus on public health
- 5 years working in CPG or pharmaceutical industries
- Expertise and global experience in developing nutrient profiling systems, analysis, modeling and impact assessment
- History of external policy engagement with impact
- Knowledge of nutrition science - the fundamental science related to the over or under consumption of nutrients
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across diverse stakeholders
- Proven leadership and influencing skills - within and outside of an organization
- Be creative and innovative
- Willingness to travel - approximately 10-15%
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
PepsiCo's academy R&D organization recognizes that both the talent of our people and the scope of our impact are great, and that sharing a set of beliefs elevates our ability to reach our goals and business objectives. We encourage each other to pursue innovative solutions without fear of failure by nurturing a culture where talent development and continuous learning are key priorities. We look for and assume the best in each other. We are a global team that works collaboratively across business silos and regions to deliver meaningful outcomes, faster.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement