Why Design Innovation?
Our mission is to drive the innovation agendas for PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses to help it grow and transform beyond its core. We drive innovation by defining, prototyping, learning and launching strategically aligned and commercially viable new products, services, retail experiences, brands and systems. We challenge and seek to change how PepsiCo works to drive true business innovation.
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve business problems that drive meaningful growth. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us. We know what it takes to make ideas a reality and bring that into everything we do.
- Self starting with entrepreneurial spirit
- Adept managing ambiguity
- Resilient with hustle
- Optimistic & curious
- A creative multi-disciplinary fluid thinker who never gives up
- Able to toggle between strategy & execution
- Empathetic to consumers and internal stakeholders
- Fluent in design and conversant on emerging food & nutrition trends
- Good at storytelling, visually & verbally
- Passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
Report to the Head of Design Innovation, working in collaboration with other design leaders, in conjunction with the Chief Design Officer, to effectively develop and deliver Design Thinking training across the organization. You’ll be responsible for the development, delivery and growth of effective Design Thinking training materials & workshops that represent the Design Innovation team’s work and point-of-view. You will also identify new partnership & project opportunities for the Design & Innovation teams.
Collaborative Design Thinking Expert: You will successfully partner and work collaboratively across the organization between Design Innovation Directors managing core businesses, designing robust processes and engage with a variety of stakeholders to get input and assess options. You will build effective working relationships with senior management to evangelize the importance and effectiveness of adopting a Design Thinking methodology for a range of different business goals and projects. You’ll drive awareness and pull for Design Thinking training across the company at large. You’ll manage a small to lead this effort and pull from existing practitioners to execute training & workshops.
You should be comfortable with ambiguity inherent in design processes and bring deep experience either as a practitioner or an expert trainer of Design Thinking, ideally across different business or organizations.
Strategic Business Development Leadership: This is a highly visible role across brands and businesses and will effectively identify new business/project opportunities for the Design & innovation teams.
In addition to the below, you’ll bring a keen business sense on how Design & Innovation teams can add more value to the organization and share the opportunities back with the Design Leadership team.
- Be an inspiring leader, both within and outside of the design organization
- Champion design thinking across the organization, educating while collaborating
- Collaborate closely with researchers, marketers, media teams to cross-pollinate ideas, methods, and approaches
- Build and evolve methodologies, nurture the maturity of the design & innovation capabilities
- Provide mentorship and support the professional development to team members
- Effectively influence across all levels in the organization; across regions and functions; can get things done through formal and informal channels
- Proven ability to develop, manage & facilitate Design Thinking/Innovation workshops
- Identify and nurture new opportunities for training and new Design and Innovation projects
- 14+ years’ experience (Design Director) with a minimum of 5 years (recent) in a strategic design role for Director and above role with significant Business Development experience and/or Design Thinking/Innovation training
- Degree(s) in Design, Engineering, and/or Business
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- Proven experience in Design Thinking/Innovation Training and/or Business Development
- Proven track record of strong leadership, team management skills and a strategic acumen
- Superior project management and design management skills; attention to detail
- Compelling presentation and proposal skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Must be willing and able to travel 30% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement