The Traffic Dispatcher is responsible for the daily coordination of the traffic schedule. Using the Dispatch Planning System technology, this role owns the execution of successful on time delivery to all of our customers.
•Answer incoming calls in a professional and pleasant manner.
•Resolve dispatch issues driven by order changes, ship date delays or driver availability.
•Maintain the Dispatch timeliness, on time delivery, Tractor and trailer returns, all of dispatch changes that are made on runs, etc.
•Communicate DOT Hours of Service (7 day/60 hour rule, 11 hour rule, 14 hour rule)
•Assign loads as necessary to cover all runs on the board based on bids and seniority.
•Ability to update the daily bid board.
•Strong problem solving skills
•Maintain SOX audit compliance and drive organizational efficiency.
•Facilitate Run Right Conference Calls between traffic, warehouse, and co-packers to ensure key performance indicators are on target.
•Adjust delivery sequences in the Dispatch Planning System as necessary.
•Make value-added decisions to ensure Service to Sales.
•Other duties and responsibilities as assigned per shift.
•Perform general administrative support work such as running reports, copying, filing, faxing, scanning, etc.
Understanding of transportation operations
· Peoplenet edits if applicable.
· Must possess physical capability to walk the yard, monitoring tractor returns.
· Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Warehouse Management Systems
· Demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
· Strong training skills and the ability to work with drivers and must be flexible
· Capable of prioritizing and completing multiple tasks at once
· Demonstrates a positive and winning attitude
· Show strong attention to detail and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
· Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Able to adapt to changes and develop/implement best practices
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and sense of customer service
· High school diploma or GED required
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement