R&D Manager, Global Snacks R&D Seasoning & Flavor Function
This is a PepsiCo career opportunity. This position is in PepsiCo China HQ. Please log onto www.pepsicojobs.com/main/china to find more career possibilities in PepsiCo China.
- To support business robust Snacks growth in GCR + APAC, by delivering commercially & technically viable seasoning & flavor solutions to Snacks innovation in China & Thailand mainly, with exposure to other APAC markets – specific focus on Eastern Hub development
- Innovation Agenda Delivery for Eastern Hub flavour creation; Plan and execute projects utilizing solid technical project management tools and skills to ensure objectives are accomplished on time, to the agreed standards (TSG, PwP, PQP) and within budget;
- Build the Eastern portfolio of flavour products to deliver to the desired consumer experience, including applying and building upon flavour strategy, flavour experiences, flavour technical attributes, utilization of food pairing, and iCrave sessions.
- Work closely with the applied flavour research team to defined gaps in technologies to drive the Eastern portfolio, outline success criteria for said programs and timelines to deliver to the business.
- Assess already commercialized technologies that enable clear differentiation of eastern portfolio versus competition.
- Understand sensory and consumer product testing methods and data very well to deliver superior products to market and capture product intelligence;
- Collaborate and align projects and next steps with all key stakeholders: Marketing, Commercialization, Food Safety, Global & Regional Procurement, R&D Technology, Regulatory, Operations, Finance etc. Considerable interaction with project team members from level 2 up to band 2 across multiple functions and disciplines;
- Prepare seasoning specifications, and transfer into the available Documentation Systems, manage TSG to provide compliance to proven product design and legal requirements;
- Plan, organize and supervise/delegate pilot/plant trials within our own factories
- Quality of seasoning innovation delivery (time, cost, regulatory & functionality)
- Developed innovative solutions as part of the Eastern Hub portfolio with strong pipeline of flavour innovation
- Collaboration with R&D teams & key business partners (Marketing, Operations), feedback required
- Partnership with flavor houses (clarity in brief, communication), feedback required
- Marketing Team
- Marketing LT (Dir)
- Commercialisation (L5- B1)
- Function R&D (L4- B2)
- R&D other Functions (L4- B2)
- SCPI (L6- L10+)
- Consumer Insight
- Global Procurement
- Research agencies
- Higher degree in Foods / Chemistry / Engineering or related disciplines;
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in FMCG ( Food preferably) R&D, product or technology development roles & ability to demonstrate established competence at product and process development;
- English is a must (upper-intermediate);
- Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment;
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products and processes and demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail;
- Established project management skills to effectively & efficiently drive multiple projects across different markets;
- Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution;
- Ability to quickly analyze complex problems to find actionable pragmatic solutions;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across all levels and all functions of the organization as well as to influence with integrity to win support;
- Good Presentation skills (written & verbal);
- Strong analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting consumer insights;
- Ability to explain complex technical issues / solutions to a non-technical audience;
- High degree of attention to detail, highly numerate and computer literate (Microsoft Office).
Job Type: Contractor