We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
What you'll do:
As a warehouse supervisor, you will contribute to the success of PepsiCo by supervising 15-35 front line team members in day-to-day warehouse operations, with a focus on safety, quality, cost efficiency, and continuous improvement across three shifts. Our warehouse supervisors also develop their team to solve routine operational issues, motivate their team to achieve established performance targets, facilitate team meetings, and implement continuous improvement projects. Administering policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner is a must.
Major tasks, accountabilities, and key responsibilities:
- Successfully execute all safety and quality policies in order to drive a positive culture while exceeding EHS and AIB standards
- Drive warehouse performance utilizing TPM fundamentals as “the way we work”
- Identify and execute productivity opportunities to help facility meet annual operating plan
- Ensure SOPs are current and are being followed for activities on respective shift – WMS, sanitation, load/unload procedures and QA guidelines
- Support inventory control, lot management, freshness, equipment utilization, and scheduling activities
- Have a complete understanding of the Warehouse Management System and logistics related SAP functionality
- Maintain accountability of team member schedules, shift coverage, and correct work hours
- Coordinate with 3rd party contractors to complete work in a safe and timely manner
- Perform SAP purchase requisitioner functions
- Develop and motivate your team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally
- Build people capability through effective employee relations, training, and communication for front-line team members
- Have the ability to understand the operation of all warehouse equipment, including powered industrial trucks, laser guided vehicles, batteries, battery changer, floor scrubbers, dock levelers, and dock locks
- Support other shifts/departments as needed to support a 7 day work schedule
- You will have a regular presence on the plant floor and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs
This position is based primarily on 2nd shift.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Two years of warehouse or logistics experience preferred with exposure to Lean Six Sigma
- Your experience with supervising front line staff in a performance-driven, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others, effective coaching, leading a team-based approach to decision-making.
- Working knowledge of TPM, LSS, or other process improvement tools
- Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook comprehension preferred
- Ability to work off-shifts, weekends, and overtime
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement