Accounts Receivable Accounting Analyst
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
The AR Accounting Analyst is responsible for all daily and period end AR accounting reconciliations, in addition to AR Factoring responsibilities and Cash Flow reporting to PepsiCo Treasury. Prompt identification and follow up with stakeholders on errors is required to ensure AR balances and customer records are accurate. Ensure AR Sub ledger is balanced on a daily basis and period end AR reconciliations deadlines are met per SLA. Excellent MS Office skills are required to assume reconciliation and reporting and responsibilities. Participation in quarterly period end balance sheet reviews is required. Additional responsibilities include managing intercompany accounts and intercompany transactions. Accuracy and timeliness is critical to the success of the incumbent.
- Monitor Oracle AR transactional activities to ensure daily balancing is performed accurately and in a timely manner
- Identifying variances and resolving within 24 hours where possible
- Prepare period-end AR Sub-Ledger to General Ledger reconciliations in a timely manner
- Manage intercompany accounts with weekly follow ups or as necessary
- Prepare and maintain periodic AR reporting package
- Create Ad-hoc reporting as per business needs
- Assist with external and Tax audit requirements and data gathering
- Manage weekly clearing of Donated Product charges from Oracle AR to appropriate Maxtrac/GL account
- Preparation of all AR related journal entries for posting
- Correct lockbox transmission errors on a daily basis
- Partner with Cash team to ensure cash is applied in accordance with SLAs and meets period end requirements
- Prepare timely and accurate reporting of lockbox and EFT deposits to US Treasury
- Review Trade suspense and incomplete invoices on a daily basis and seek out resolution with appropriate team
- Maintain accurate and orderly filing system for all AR, ERT reports and reconciliations on the network drive for easy retrieval and audit purposes
- Prepare period end Cost Centre report for distribution to Control & Compliance Managers and Planners as per DL (Distribution List)
- Responsible for preparation of all period end AR Factoring spreadsheets and reporting requirements
- Key point person to AR and Accounting teams for queries relating to Oracle AR entries
- High degree of technical expertise to operate in a environment of integrated technologies, tools and workflows
- Minimum of 3-5 years AR accounting work experience
- Extensive software proficiency covering a wide variety of applications including MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, and MS Access
- High degree of analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing and completing account reconciliations and accounting entries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and ability to work on weekends during period close
Job Type: Regular