We are now recruiting a Food Scientist to join our R&D team in Little Island on a contract role for an estimated duration of 6 months
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs (whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence) which will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
This role involves working independently or in a team environment as part of the Snacks team on cross-functional and diverse projects in areas such as Reformulation, Method Development, Method Validation, Packaging & all Snacks Flavours related formulation/manufacturing issues and applications.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge in the areas of flavour ingredients, blending and associated unit operations.
- Implement flavour and associated application functionality optimization to drive productivity, quality improvements and cost reduction initiatives for the business
- Brand Stewardship: Lead for immediate quality issue support for sweet liquid flavour concentrates.
- Bench-Top Formulation: Key focus leading bench top sweet liquid flavour prototype work
- Ownership for manufacture of bench scales prototypes of products for stability testing to ensure product quality for formula integration.
- Works cross-functionally, internally to R&D, to evaluate new technologies related to flavour applications to monitor and feedback on product sensory impact and functional performance, including gas chromatography analysis.
- Core team member of the snacks group –lab maintenance, H&S and training (internal & external)
- Manage documentation requirements to support these activities.
- Manage and develop actionable timelines and plans to ensure all snacks related project testing deadlines are met.
- Assist management in interpreting assessment results, developing conclusions and recommendations.
- Support the day to day activities for the Snacks R&D group.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across R&D and non-R&D functions as necessary to support business initiatives.
- Strong IT/systems aptitude.
- Broad knowledge of R&D, Production, GMP and Quality System environments.
- Sensory and gas chromatography analysis experience an advantage.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Food Scientist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D Assistant Scientist Flavours
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary