PepsiCo is looking for an Inventory Controller to join our busy Supply Chain team based at UK HQ in Reading.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the seventh year in a row!
As Inventory Controller it’ll be your responsibility to develop an overarching portfolio management strategy to drive optimised inventory health, ensuing delivery against our annual plan and 99% service across our Snacks, Grains and Juice categories.
- Leverage existing systems and applications and provide clear recommendations on inventory strategy for the UK business, driving service performance, optimise costs and minimise obsolescence.
- Establish strong governance and processes to identify levers of inventory and obsolescence.
- Drive collaboration with Category Demand Managers, European Supply Planning and Global Integrated Supply Chain Planning teams to ensure inventory projections deliver both commercial strategy and required levels of service.
- Partner with Logistics team to leverage flexible storage to manage inventory demands.
- Lead inventory and obsolescence management including stock policy; drive awareness of cost impact to the leadership team and facilitate release of low code stock through commercial teams.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to determine processes improvement for forecast accuracy of period and year end stock position.
- Provide input into internal processes to enable strategic investments as well as support cash flow productivity.
- Identify strategic opportunities to drive inventory improvements through engagement with Centre of Excellence and Sector Supply Planning teams.
- Conduct external benchmarking analysis to identify and leverage industry best practice.
- Establish Short Interval Control governance (routines, processes, controls) to identify and root cause adverse performance and drive corresponding mitigating actions.
- Drive improvements in capability (both people and process) to improve overarching inventory performance and drive simplification.
- Work with the Raw Materials team to be clear on how we can improve visibility of raw materials stock levels and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Key Skills/Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree level, preferably in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Proven Supply Chain experience in preferable FMCG
- Additional certificates like APICS-CPIM and Lean Six Sigma are an advantage
- Able to manage and lead change and driving continuous improvement
- Quickly analyse complex problems to find actionable, pragmatic solutions
- Excellent communication skills to interact with the various commercial functions, procurement, finance and sourcing functions (Demand/supply planning & Manufacturing plants)
- Transforms data and information into meaningful insights.
- Knowledge of retail (multi-channel) supply chains
- Computer literate: Excel, Word, Power Point & solid understanding of Inventory, Supply and Demand planning systems
- Fluent in English
Job Type: Pipeline