Analytical Chemist - up to 12 Month Contract
We are now hiring an Analytical Chemist to join our dynamic R&D team in Little Island on a specified purpose contract with approximate duration of 12 months.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The Analytical scientist will support the business through ensuring all analysis is conducted in a timely fashion. The analytical scientist may also be required to support our customers through troubleshooting and reviewing data.
- Performs analytical testing on samples as per test schedule in compliance with PepsiCo Global procedures and standards.
- Ensures an adequate supply of consumables, reagents and chemicals to maintain the operation of the lab.
- Prepares lab solutions, reagents and controls in the lab.
- Demonstrate competent use of laboratory business information and reporting systems (LIMS).
- Reviews and interprets test results.
- Work with team, Quality Manager and Laboratory Manager to ensure compliance to MS Quality Management System, as well as ISO17025 requirements and accreditation body requirements.
- Conducts test method investigations and validations for accreditation where required.
- Develops reference files, quality control charts, and graphs on laboratory data.
- Participate and demonstrate competency in proficiency testing schemes, and ensure adequate follow up to the results recovered.
- Demonstrate adherence to site and MS Health & Safety and Good Laboratory Practice policies and procedures.
- Ensure good housekeeping and good laboratory practices.
- Provide technical and analytical support to customers
- Deliver analytical practical and theoretical training as required.
- Lab experience / analytical basic, quality systems basic knowledge (ISO 17025), testing, calibrating equipment
- Minimum 12 months work experience essential, with good operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation such as densitometers, autotitrators and HPLC.
- Self-starter, proactive in delivering results and a good organiser
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role an Analytical Chemist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D QA Assistant Scientist.
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary