Senior Manager Workforce Analytics
At PepsiCo, we create the unexpected.
Do you want to be a pioneer in a dynamic field of applied analytics? Forward-thinking HR organizations are tapping into the vast stores of data they have at their disposal to measure, monitor, and improve the management of their organization’s greatest asset – their people. Imagine yourself on the cutting edge of this new discipline, and join us at the intersection of marketing research, economics, psychology, sociology, statistics, and data science. Our team is where you get to learn from authorities in the field, work with a highly accomplished interdisciplinary team of colleagues, and use your background in analytics to create innovative and compelling stories to help PepsiCo build an environment where talent thrives.
This Senior Manager role is part of the forward-thinking Workforce Planning & Analytics Center-of-Excellence at PepsiCo's World Headquarters in Purchase, NY. Our team collaborates with all levels of the organization from our executives to people in our worldwide network of professional, sales, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. You will be responsible for leading project teams and building compelling stories about our ground-breaking studies of complex human resources and business challenges.
- Leading technical project teams and coaching them to develop broad analytics skills, including improving their storytelling abilities
- Helping non-technical partners understand key insights from our work and building action plans with effective communication and persuasion
- Continuously striving to improve our predictive models and advanced analytics approaches to business problems
- Partnering with external consultants and internal teams on projects
- Inventing experiments, in partnership with your team, to understand human behavior and evaluate different intervention options
- Performing advanced descriptive and inferential analyses of applicant flow, promotion/retention, and workforce development
- Building an analytics culture by communicating the value of analytics to the broader HR and executive communities and collaborating with other analytics authorities across the organization
- Building and using large-scale datasets for statistical analysis with software (e.g., R, SPSS, Python, SQL, Teradata, Azure, Hadoop, Access, Excel)
- Partnering with human resources and information technology experts on future data needs and how to invent more efficient and effective talent processes (e.g., how to improve recruiting or employee retention outcomes)
Education and Work Experience:
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in an applied social science or quantitative discipline, such as I/O Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Marketing Research, Sociology, Anthropology, Demography, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or Applied Statistics
- Minimum of 7+ years of business experience in building statistical models and translating and communicating insights into actionable business recommendations
- Excellent project management experience (in the analytics arena, preferred)
- Excellent communication and storytelling experience
- Strong experience using multi-variate linear and logistic regression models, and knowledge of other advanced analytics methodologies
- Strong experience leading data acquisition and organization, as required to build statistical models
- Proficiency in at least one coding or statistical software package (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, SQL, Java, Python, C++, etc.)
- Experience with one of Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView, as well as, Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Competencies / Behaviors:
- Excellent management skills, including providing clear direction and coaching on both technical and soft skills
- Clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate complex and ground-breaking ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborative working style
- High attention to detail – self-monitors all work to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Agile, adaptable, and open to new ideas
- Intellectual curiosity and dedicatedly keeping up with advances in analytics tools and approaches
- Willing to experiment with different approaches and capable of applying new insights in creative ways to answer business and talent questions
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to effectively handle complex data sets and data integrity issues
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement