R&D Senior Data Scientist
PepsiCo Global R&D’s Computational Intelligence and Analytics team focuses on developing and leveraging sophisticated analytics, experimental, and simulation tools to support research and development of PepsiCo’s diverse portfolio of beverage, nutrition, and snack products, making a direct impact on market success. This team leads groundbreaking research using state of the art technology that stands out amongst the competition.
What's in it for you: Rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth. You will have a unique opportunity to propel the use of Data Science in an R&D setting to help and sustain our products.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will utilize your knowledge in Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering to extract information from data for maximum understanding of R&D Innovation performance. You will leverage your skills in creating various Machine Learning tools/processes and in building AI tools that automate processes within Global R&D.
Execute operating plan projects via advanced statistical, data modeling, and machine learning techniques that provide business impact and value
Partner with R&D Categories to identify new advanced analytics tools
Execute data mining using state-of-the-art methods
Enhance data collection procedures to include information relevant to building analytics systems
Process and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
Communicate and present results in a clear and insightful manner to a diverse audience within and outside R&D
- MS (with 3+ years work experience) or Ph.D. required in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative scientific/engineering field
- Knowledge and experience in the application of advanced statistical and data mining techniques (regression, statistical tests, multivariate analysis, random forest, text mining, etc.)
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision trees, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience querying databases and using computer languages like R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from third-party providers: MSFT Azure Analytics, SAS Analytics, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement