6 Month Contract - Seasoner
PEPSICO FOODS CANADA
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
PepsiCo is an Employer of Choice:
* Opportunity to work for a Tier 1 global organization company with Billion Dollar Brands
* One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
* We take people development seriously offering career growth opportunities through robust full cycle career planning, talent development programs, challenging and rewarding assignments nationally and internationally
* Work within a fast paced ever evolving business, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
* Participation in our competitive Total Rewards Program
If you're looking for a challenging position with one of the world's leading snack food companies, here's your chance to join our team as a Hybrid Shipper/Seasoner with our Taber Facility.
The successful candidate would be required to work 12 hour shifts (7:00pm – 7:00am, or 7:00am - 7:00pm) on a 3 day on, 3 day off rotation.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Set up and operation of the seasoning machines
- Maintaining quality controls for seasoning application and salt tests (requires use and understanding of Aim Charting process)
- Managing the conveyor system (OMS) to ensure appropriate product feed
- Complete loading/unloading of finished cases into trailers using powered industrial truck
- Automated palletizer troubleshooting
- Ability to learn and operate the ICS System (inventory control)
- Complete all necessary paperwork, ensuring accuracy of information
- Trained and demonstrated competency in battery maintenance and changes following appropriate safety procedures
- Able to understand the production sheet & forecast requirements to proactively supply the necessary materials on time to the floor.
- Understanding of the Quality Assurance Program Manual as it relates to raw material receiving and storage
- Understanding of and participation in inventory counting and reconciliation processes
- Maintain a high level of sanitation in work area
- Able to execute against reject materials, action steps including coordination with the Lab and basic troubleshooting
- Observe Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and provide GMP coaching to any personnel coming through work area
- May be required to cover other shifts with appropriate notice
- Support end of week sanitation duties and preventative maintenance (TPM) responsibilities as required
- Must be able to meet the Physical Demand Analysis (PDA) for the potato receiving position, material receiving position and warehouse shipper position
- Must maintain an acceptable absenteeism level.
- Able to obtain and maintain forklift license with demonstrated attention to safety.
- *Forklift experience is considered an asset
*Preference will be given to applicants with grade 12 or equivalent
- Skill working in a team based environment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
PepsiCo Canada’s Recruitment process includes robust phone and face to face interviews with all candidates. No legitimate offer of employment from PepsiCo Canada would ever require a candidate to pay for any pre-employment service or training. If you suspect you may have been contacted by someone falsely claiming to be PepsiCo Canada please contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary