Maintenance Supervisor- 12 month FTC
PepsiCo is on the look-out for a Maintenance Co-ordinator to join our busy Manufacturing site in Coventry on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
This role is based at our Coventry Walkers manufacturing site. The Coventry Plant is our biggest snacks manufacturing site in the UK with the largest automated multi-pack area in the world. It’s also the home of our famous Doritos and SunBites, two of the nation’s favourite snacks!
In this role you’ll provide an effective link between the Operations and Engineering Support teams offering a high level of technical support and providing technical feedback in all engineering related activities. Working closely with the Maintenance Manager and Shift Operations Manager to co-ordinate shift priorities including identification and communication of resource during engineering days/maintenance shutdowns. Providing coaching and mentoring to up-skill maintenance personnel.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing coaching and feedback to improve maintenance interventions including speed of intervention, quality of completion and effectiveness of the interventions.
- Working closely with the Maintenance Manager and Shift Operations Manager to create a strong relationship. Supporting with technical information to allow their management of shift technical capability.
- Challenging shift engineers, asset care teams/days based technicians and Front Line Employees around maintenance KPIs i.e. completion rate, quality of execution, MP2 accuracy and MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure).
- Providing Engineering maintenance expertise on shift and ownership of site maintenance shutdowns.
- Providing strong engineering expertise on site to drive improvements in maintenance KPIs and sustaining shift performance.
- Leading and supporting improvements through effective use of the root case analysis techniques and the change management process. With a target of eliminating repeat and catastrophic failures at site.
- Supporting the ongoing update of our Employee training needs analysis to ensure the ongoing development of their maintenance skill.
- Assisting in the control of contractors including Permit To Work issuing and electrical maintenance activities on shift.
- Ensuring cross shift communication including handovers, issues, work order completion and follow up requirements.
- Providing technical support and input concerning equipment specifications into projects.
- Responsible for safety on shift, providing leadership as duty holder of allocated EHS elements of our Global Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
What you’ll need:
- Industrial experience in a food manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Ideally a Time served Engineer with a Minimum HNC in a relevant Mechanical/Electrical discipline.
- Computer literate. Familiarity with computer software (word, excel, etc).
- Good problem solving capabilities.
- Good influencing, presentation, communication and decision making skills.
- A good communicator with individuals at all levels.
- Strong Team worker and contributor.
- Flexible, ‘can do,’ attitude to role and duties.
You’ll be working a continental shift (12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights).
PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade – also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries.
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular