The Maintenance Planner improves work force productivity and work quality. The planner’s goal is to anticipate and eliminate delays through coordination of manpower, parts, materials and equipment. The Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning foreseeable work. The planner will maintain records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance related matter. The Maintenance Planner will assist in development of maintenance strategies for equipment and components in the area of responsibility.
Scope or Dimensions of the Position
This person will be responsible for all maintenance actions, predictive and other, for approximately 15 craft employees. This position will work with the Maintenance Supervisors and report to Plant Maintenance Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and prioritize all incoming work requests; ensuring they are complete with appropriate information and coding etc.
- Issue current and well organized backlog reports to Maintenance Indirect assignee(s) and the Maintenance Supervisor in preparation for weekly schedule coordination
- Perform field inspections and determine job scopes for each work request, this should include discussions with the requestor where appropriate
- Provide detailed work/job plan instructions
- Determine job hazards or safety considerations which are associated with the task
- Determine necessary parts, tools, and equipment for planned jobs
- Determine necessary permits, prints, drawings, etc. for planned jobs
- Order, track, and expedite equipment and materials necessary for planned jobs
- Purchase all repair and maintenance, and building parts for the plant
- Establish reasonable labor estimates on jobs
- Ensure staging of parts for upcoming work activities (job kits)
- Ensure accuracy of equipment bill of materials
- Allow improvements to future planned work packages
- Updating Infor EAM/CMMS with pertinent feedback, such as failure codes
- Maintain equipment history in Infor EAM /CMMS and mini-files as detailed and complete as possible
- Maintain technical library, manuals, prints, etc. for area of responsibility
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance technicians as necessary
- Maintain the database for established Preventive Maintenance tasks, to include:
- Establishing equipment rankings or criticality
- Development and implementation of effective and economically justified preventive maintenance strategies
- Periodic review of preventive maintenance strategies to ensure effectiveness
- Maintain a “Shutdown File” of opportunity work available to be performed should an equipment outage become available
- Ensure a minimum unplanned work order backlog
- Work with management to determine appropriate metrics or indicators to establish and track
- Establish and track appropriate metrics
- Perform in-house studies or coordinate outside help to conduct work sampling studies
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in implementing preventive/predictive maintenance systems.
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure ability to organize robust planning and scheduling methods.
- Strong leadership skills to ensure ability to lead the technical resources that will be under direct supervision, as well as influence non-direct personnel in key maintenance related issues.
- Experience in a team oriented culture in a Union environment.
- Strong communications skills.
- Evidence of demonstrated skills in effective empowerment of employees.
- Knowledge of liquid blending and handling, and a variety of packaging equipment for liquid and ingredients.
- Computer Skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement