Shunt Driver - 9 month TWA
PEPSICO FOODS CANADA
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
PepsiCo is an Employer of Choice:
* Opportunity to work for a Tier 1 global organization company with Billion Dollar Brands
* One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
* We take people development seriously offering career growth opportunities through robust full cycle career planning, talent development programs, challenging and rewarding assignments nationally and internationally
* Work within a fast paced ever evolving business, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
* Participation in our competitive Total Rewards Program
If you're looking for a challenging position with one of the world's leading snack food companies, here's your chance to join our team as a Shunter on a 9 month TWA.
1 Shunter on a 9 month TWA. with the Lethbridge Traffic department, rotating on days and nights every other week, Thursday – Saturday and every other Wednesday, on a 12 hour shift (7-7 am/pm). The rate of pay for this hourly position is $25.80/hour.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Operate a yard truck to organize and optimize yard occupancy
- Prioritize trailer moves to support warehouse efficiencies
- Complete the yard check to verify trailer contents
- Maintain cardboard check sheets on a daily basis
- Interact with vendors, common carriers, and drivers to provide yard information
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Completing Quality/Food Safety training and adhering to the Food Safety Pre Requisite Programs (PRP/oPRP) that is required for the applicable area
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s License.
- 1-3 years Tractor/Trailer experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to excel under pressure
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain professional disposition even when faced with difficult situations.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills, and accept new business changes
- Perform work in a safe manner and required to follow all safety practices and policies
Job Type: Temporary