Part Time Unloader
PEPSICO FOODS CANADA
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
PepsiCo is an Employer of Choice:
* Opportunity to work for a Tier 1 global organization company with Billion Dollar Brands
* One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
* We take people development seriously offering career growth opportunities through robust full cycle career planning, talent development programs, challenging and rewarding assignments nationally and internationally
* Work within a fast paced ever evolving business, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
* Participation in our competitive Total Rewards Program
If you're looking for a challenging position with one of the world's leading snack food companies, here's your chance to join our team as a Part Time Unloader with our Calgary Facility.
This position would report to the Western Canada Operations Traffic Team during our Sunday – Friday schedule. The shifts are 6-8 hours long, 3-4 shifts per week, with a start time between 3:00pm-12:00am.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Operate a tractor/trailer truck to make long-distance pick-ups and deliveries of our finished products.
- Check and assist in the unloading of the trailer.
- Fully inspect the vehicle prior to beginning the route to ensure proper and safe handling conditions.
- Collect all proper authorizations prior to beginning route.
- Maintain an accurate DOT log.
- Ensure safety and compliance of load.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Completing Quality/Food Safety training and adhering to the Food Safety Pre Requisite Programs (PRP/oPRP) that is required for your area
- Experience and knowledge working within a warehouse environment
- Preference to candidates with Grade 12 education
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lift +50lbs at all levels
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Job Type: Temporary