Auto req ID:
To ensure maximum plant up-time by leading the maintenance and troubleshooting of control systems/instrumentation equipment at our Isando Plant at all times. Adherence to the OSHACT, the relevant SANS code and PepsiCo standards.
- To adhere to SHERQ and legal standards and procedures and assist Line Management in the improvement thereof;
- To perform the asset care activities as required by the CMMS systems and procedures, including accurate and timeous feedback and documentation to all stakeholders;
- To calibrate, repair and maintain control gear/instrumentation and associated equipment to ensure operation within set standards;
- To perform root cause analysis to address asset performance problems and/or reduce cost;
- To maintain PLCs and SCADA systems and networks (hardware and software) and perform changes/modification as required;
- To continuously evaluate the process control philosophy and initiate improvement actions in order to achieve asset performance targets;
- To assist in commissioning of modifications/projects;
- To ensure proper documentation of changes/modifications;
- To stay abreast of technological advancements related to control instrumentation and systems in order to ensure continuous improvement;
- To accurately and timeously report process equipment deviations to stakeholders to meet/improve equipment availability and reliability targets.
- Ensure proper back-up of all PLC programs and maintain records of all upgrades.
- Perform internal audits in terms of existing quality systems and ISO 14001.
- Ensure availability of critical spares for all process control equipment.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on all instrumentation equipment.
The successful incumbent should be a self-starter with innovative technical abilities and have the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people. The person has to have analytical abilities to resolve plant breakdowns with permanent solutions. The endurance level of this individual has to be above average because of long hours of physical activities, and call-outs 24/7. Be able to operate in a diverse group of engineering specialists to ensure team work meeting operational requirements. Relocation Eligible:
Not ApplicableJob Type: