Global Mobility Relationship Analyst
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos and Naked Juice, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
We are looking for a Global Mobility Relationship Analyst to join our HR team based at Green Park, Reading. As a key contact for assignees and families, the post holder will play a significant role in creating an environment where the best and brightest people and their families have the right experiences on their international assignments. This individual is essential to the success of international assignments and to our mission to have the right people, in the right place, at the right time, in the right way…and for the right investment. The remit of the Global Mobility team covers all Europe inbound assignees – approximately 110 in more than 18 countries.
What you’ll be doing:
• Counsel clients as to which type of international assignment package would be appropriate for a particular (non-executive) assignment, taking into account the business and employee development value and anticipated ROI;
• Ensure a robust business case is provided for every international assignment in accordance with PepsiCo Global Mobility framework
• Assist with the pre-assignment “360” consultation with the assignee, family, HR and external service providers (e.g., tax service provider)
• Help manage relationships with non-executive assignees, line managers, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Development and HR Generalists
• Keep up-to-date with market trends and strategic issues as they affect Global Mobility, including reviewing regional benchmarking and networks for updates
• Build and maintain effective relationships with both external vendors and internal functions, and leverage these relationships to execute day-to-day accountabilities
• Work on ad-hoc regional initiatives together with Manager, Global Mobility Relationship as appropriate
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in global mobility or a HR generalist role is desirable but not essential
- Excellent customer service and client relationship skills
- Must be able to travel as required by clients
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, business partners and employees at all levels across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple clients, projects and issues simultaneously
- Solid technical understanding of global mobility including the impact of employment structure, taxation, Social Security, immigration
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines
Salary & benefits:
We'll offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package (for example, 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell more, company pension, discounted private health care).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Based in Green Park, Reading.
#LI-UK Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular