Global Process Engineer - Food/Beverage
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Our ideal Process Engineer will:
Lead process development and commercialization of primarily regional Nutrition Category innovation initiatives in both Beverage and Foods platforms. Opportunities to support Global initiatives will also be in scope for this role.
- Lead identification, design, development, testing and qualification of process systems in support of new product launches regionally and globally
- Lead process technical assessments and scale-up tests at manufacturing locations, data collection/analysis and timely communication of trip reports highlighting results and key next steps
- Effectively manage projects through the technical stage gate process, highlighting risks, impact and mitigation plans accordingly to deliver new innovation on time, within budget and in compliance with all design specification
- Work with and support Food Safety and Quality to ensure all components and process systems are capable of producing and sustaining safe and stable products
- Identify and lead collaboration efforts to improve efficiency, reduce risk and minimize costs in our processes and systems
- Determine and lead internal and external resources to commercialize new products. May supervise employees and will mentor junior engineers
- Proactively identify skill/capability and system gaps when encountered. Propose corrective actions including coaching, training courses and new/modified processes
- Design and execute DOE to screen, model, verify and ensure statistical capability and robustness of pilot and commercial processes
- B.S., with at least 4 years of experience, PhD with no prior experience or MS with at least 2+ years of experience in Chemical, Mechanical or Food Engineering. Process engineering/development/commercialization experience in Food & Beverage or Pharmaceutical a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and direct/motivate project teams
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers
- Demonstrated performance in developing and commercializing new products/technology in collaboration with Quality, Food Safety, Supply Chain, Marketing, etc
- Knowledge with formal training preferred in TQM and SPC. Green belt preferred
- Experience working within Technical Stage Gate process framework
- Ability to travel within local region and internationally to Plants estimated 25-35%
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement