PepsiCo is on the look-out for a Junior Buyer to join our Procurement team, based in Reading.
In a fast paced company like PepsiCo it's really important that we have what we need, when we need it. The goods and services we use can range from a good crop of potatoes to advertisement space – that's where our Procurement department comes in. The Procurement team work hard to ensure we are getting the right goods and services at the right price whilst keeping everybody's best interest at heart. It’s important to keep high levels of integrity and a smooth relationship with our suppliers to ensure we win together.
Key objective of this role is to deliver compliance and productivity from Tactical Buying in the UK, across all Indirects categories, specifically in IT and Purchased services
You’ll need to understand the stakeholder and business needs and requirements, in a timely manner and in advance of all spend commitment. You’ll then identify, execute and implement tactical buying activity, ensuring you are effectively managing the supplier relationship.
You’ll of course need to capture the savings delivered and ensure full alignment of productivity delivery with stakeholders and finance.
•Support Global Procurement (GP) team to increase purchasing coverage in UK through tactical buying, by driving credibility and trust with internal stakeholders.
•Build your category expertise and knowledge
•Lead tactical buying activity for IT and Purchased Services categories and covering Leicester Tactical buy roles during holidays & absence periods.
•Support stakeholders with new vendor set up & creation of simple contracts and price agreements when required
•Support training and capability build of stakeholders using the internal PO system
•Track, report and capture value delivery from tactical buying
•Support GP team to ensure category cards are accurate
•Highlight sourcing opportunities identified through tactical buying or data analysis to Procurement Managers
- Knowledge of PepsiCo is ideal to provide a grounding in the business including some understanding of suppliers, goods and services in IT, HR, Sales, Business Services.
- Strong people skills and the ability to quickly build strong working relationships and interact with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to question and challenge in the right way
- Strong negotiation, influencing and analytical skills
- Results orientated – comfortable delivering against stretch targets
- A self starter with the ability to self learn and work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to manage a high level of diverse projects simultaneously with attention to detail and the desire to make your work the best it can possibly be.
- Interest in procurement with a view to developing a career in this function
- Fluency in written and spoken English
PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade – also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries.
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular