R&D Analytical Technician
The Analytical Technician will serve as a member of the Analytical Sciences core analysis team and is responsible for performing chemical and physical testing of foods and beverages, raw materials or ingredients, and packaging materials according to established SOPs. The position will include maintaining accurate and precise records in accordance with GLP guidelines, managing/reporting data through server based LIMS applications and management of sample submitter requests.
- Conduct laboratory chemical and physical analyses and/or instrumental test procedures and calculate and report the assay results
- Must be thorough with the methods, techniques and produce accurate and timely analytical results
- From time to time, process submitted samples into forms ready for analysis, such as compositing samples and/or grinding solid samples to a homogeneous mixture
- Prepare and maintain chemicals, chemical solutions, sample dilutions, and equipment as needed for the performance of analyses
- Perform analyses on submitted samples using standard and other detailed methods of analysis
- Capable of learning & applying all lab techniques, and learn new technologies as it’s being implemented
- Maintain accurate records and documentation and assure the reliability of measurement systems by using appropriate GLP
- Organize and purge all samples on a routine basis
- Document all data in appropriate notebooks and LIMS and communicate results in a thorough format and in an accurate and timely manner. Follow all lab notebook procedures
- B.S. in Food Science or Chemistry with 1+ years experience with basic analytical techniques in an industrial setting (i.e., research and development or a commercial manufacturing environment)
- Capable of learning and applying various techniques of analysis
- Analytical techniques include pH, titratable acidity, Brix, density, etc.
- Familiarity with LIMS is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with control charting to assess laboratory quality
- Work in a group and closely with the scientist responsible for the assigned analytical techniques
- Is a quick learner, flexible and able to multi-task dependent on the types of work that the department supports at the time
- Must be very familiar with and understand, follow, and execute all GLP and lab safety practices
- Must understand and follow safe handling of hazardous chemicals and have an appreciation of the normal hazards associated with laboratory work
- Knowledgeable in multiple analytical techniques, including HPLC, and wet chemistry methods
- Must keep neat, orderly, and complete records; be able to perform basic mathematical calculations, and be able to prepare graphs and tables using appropriate computer software
- Proficiency in laboratory quality management systems is required
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement