Central Laboratory Technician - Weekend Day Shift
PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the world’s most trusted brands such as Smith's Chips, Red Rock Deli, Sakata Rice Crackers, Pepsi Max and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
Our Regency Park team currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Central Laboratory Technician - Weekend Day Shift. This position will see you working a total of 24 hours - 6am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday.
Our Laboratory Technicians ensure all analytical and testing equipment is maintained, calibrated and available for each production shift, maintaining all measurements of key attributes are precise and accurate while continuing to oversee all team members performing quality testing, retraining and guiding where appropriate.
- Quality/Analytical Instrument Calibration and Maintenance
- Regulatory and Quality Hold Procedure
- Ensure on-line analytical equipment is calibrated and accurately recording quality attributes
- Sensory Skills trained
- Troubleshooting for Quality problems
- Participate in on-site Food Safety Teams
- Manage laboratory function to “Frito Lay” safety standards
- Ensure accuracy of all laboratory and quality systems information and manage storage records
- Ensure reasonable instruction is given in relation to HACCP
- Comply with the site GMP and FSSC 22000 Quality & Food Safety Manual to ensure the food safety of The Smiths Snackfood company’s product.
- Demonstrate and exercise a commitment to promote, develop and improve the health, safety and welfare of our people.
We are looking for candidates with:
- High level of Mechanical Reasoning
- Extremely high level of Technical skills in the areas of instrumentation and/or chemistry
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Excellent Communication and Training Skills
- Good Computer Skills
- Good Team Skills
- Mathematics, chemistry, physics and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of Food Quality Systems
- Knowledge of Food Sanitation and Food Safety
- Substantial experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- A competitive remuneration package
- Career development opportunities
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our PepsiCo extras program
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular