Field Sales Manager
Work for a global company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is nurtured.
PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the world’s most trusted brands such as Smith's Chips, Doritos, Nobby’s Nuts, Red Rock Deli, Pepsi Max and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
To continue our success, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Chatswood team as a Field Sales Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this role will see you lead the planning, selling and execution of all customer and organisational plans, whilst managing a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to deliver against our PepsiCo strategy.
- Manage and drive the capability of your team by ensuring the following: Quality induction and onboarding of all new team members; Effective and action based 1:1 meetings, team meetings and work-with’s (a minimum of 6 per month); Flawless execution of the Performance Management Process through mid-year and end-of-year Performance Development Reviews, Career Development Discussion Cards and Coaching Matrixes; Effective use of all tools such as NewsPage, Blueprints and selling with insights to deliver mutual growth across both Customer and PepsiCo.
- Manage, build and leverage all relationships with MSO’s (a minimum of 6 meetings per month) to sell in and influence NPD and Core Product minimum quantities, allocations and off-locations, as well as any Event execution; utilising scan data and insights to sell in and to review effectiveness of all activity.
- Work closely with the PepsiCo State & National Impulse account teams as well as external stakeholders (Schweppes Territory Contacts, Customer Area Contacts & Third-Party Broker Resources) to understand and align MSO key priorities, Over & Above execution and incentives.
- Lead the State New Business Drive, with particular focus on the Licensed Channel in order to deliver an annual New Business target as agreed with the Regional Sales Manager and the Field Sales Director.
- Appropriate use and maintenance of all tools of trade such as vehicle, laptop, iPad, mobile phone and POS.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Previous people management experience within an FMCG environment desired, with an in-depth understanding of all elements of the Customer Supply Chain in order to influence On Shelf Availability.
- Ability to identify in-store sales growth opportunities against Key Blueprint objectives and put a plan in place to improve all in-store execution.
- Ability to interpret, understand and use category facts and retail math, as well as plan for and anticipate customer objections to have a natural selling and negotiation conversation with the Customer, that results in them taking action.
- Able to work as part of a team whilst effectively prioritising workload and managing one’s time to meet business expectations and deadlines.
- Career development opportunities across our entire global organisation.
- Great team environment!
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Excellent work-life balance with our flexible office environment.
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our PepsiCo Extras program.
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PEPSICO’S job application process:
- Submit your application via our website, including a cover letter & resume.
- Interview and skills evaluation.
- Online Assessment process.
- Reference and background checks.
Job Type: Regular