Who are we?
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
PepsiCo is an Employer of Choice:
* Opportunity to work for a Tier 1 global organization company with Billion Dollar Brands
* One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
* We take people development seriously offering career growth opportunities through robust full cycle career planning, talent development programs, challenging and rewarding assignments nationally and internationally
* Work within a fast paced ever evolving business, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
* Participation in our competitive Total Rewards Program
PepsiCo Foods Canada has an opening in the Cambridge, Ontario Frito Lay plant for a Maintenance Team Supervisor.
As a Maintenance Team Supervisor you are responsible for leading your team to achieve key performance indicators during your shift. The primary roles is focused on quality performance, cost, service, and safety targets while developing your Team Members on different production lines in the plant like Grains and Potato Chips. You will interact and collaborate daily with people leaders on all different kinds of shifts in the plant, including Quality, Reliability, Packaging, Traffic, Warehouse, and Sanitation Supervisors as you motivate and inspire your team, eliminate barriers, and problem solve in Canada’s largest Frito Lay manufacturing plant.
As a Maintenance Team Supervisor, your Job Responsibilities will include;
- Provide functional leadership, coaching, and technical support
- Lead a team of 10 to 15 hourly unionized technicians with varying levels of experience and education.
- Responsible for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety.
- Develop individuals and the team to solve routine and complex operational issues.
- Motivate the team to achieve established performance targets.
- Lead the execution of daily work plans and Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Conduct one to ones with technicians to ensure that expectations are being met.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Initiate and implements continuous improvement projects.
As the ideal candidate, you would already have the following qualifications;
- Leadership skills built from driving quality, cost, service and safety in the past
- Excellent Communication skills built from working with diverse teams and people
- Capable of problem solving in high stress situations from high scope and depth experiences in the past
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (Engineering is an asset)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment is preferred
- Flexible work schedule – you are willing to work off shifts (afternoons and nights) and weekends
PepsiCo Canada's Recruitment process includes robust phone and face to face interviews with all candidates. No legitimate offer of employment from PepsiCo Canada would ever require a candidate to pay for any pre-employment service or training. If you suspect you may Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular