We are currently hiring a HSE Associate Manager to join our team in Eastgate on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
As a manufacturing business, safety is our number one priority. Our aim is simple – no one gets hurt. We want our people to be able to arrive safely, work safely, and go home safely – regardless of whether they are working in an office or on the factory floor. If Health and Safety is your number one priority too, we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Reporting to the HSE Director PGCS. The successful candidate as a member of the Eastgate Technical Services EHS Support Centre Team, will be responsible for managing and providing health & safety related support to the PGCS Manufacturing Teams and associated DC’s through the development and co-ordinated delivery of our EHS strategy and AOP process. The role will also have the responsibility for ensuring ongoing compliance with GHS & SDS regulatory requirements through interaction with the R&D /FSRA Team and Ops.
- Tracking and reporting of H&S performance metrics (RIR/LTIR, NME)
- Identifying emerging trends, agreeing & implementing timely and effective countermeasures
- Sector SME/Management of MyEHS System
- Developing & managing EHS Team training
- Developing & managing H&S strategy execution
- Developing ongoing working relationship with each EHS Team member
- Manage the risk assessment across PGCS Manufacturing & DC network
- 5 years’ plus experience as an operational safety professional Snr Supervisor in a supervisory/manager role
- Familiar with safety management systems (OSHAS,ISO 45000)
- Prior auditing experience (OSHAS/ISO)
- Experience in the used of safety management software systems e.g Enablon My EHS or similar)
- Experience in working with Global and diverse Teams. E.g. Latam, APAC
- Prior experience in safety fundamentals e.g. risk assessment and risk reduction techniques, Chemical exposure and risk reduction
- Working knowledge of Global GHS labelling and SDS information requirements
- Professional qualification in Health & Safety e.g. Diploma or higher
- Graduate Member of Institute Occupational Safety & Health working towards Chartered status
Job Type: Regular