PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is known for more than just our fun products and great brands. We've also got great people that work hard, focus on results and have a lot of fun doing it!
Company Profile: As part of the global powerhouse PepsiCo, PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is more than just snacks. Across Canada and the world, we have a broad portfolio of powerful brands including Lay's, Doritos, Tostitos, Pepsi, Aquafina, Tropicana, Quaker and Gatorade to name a few.
With over 5,000 employees nationwide, PepsiCo Canada is committed to building a family of tasty, delicious snacks that grows and prospers. And that's just the beginning. With six manufacturing facilities, 50 major distribution centers and 70,000+ customers from coast to coast, we're constantly searching for committed, hardworking individuals to help build our team PepsiCo Foods Canada has a current opening at the Frito Lay Manufacturing Facility in Cambridge, ON for a Licensed Millwright.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintenance of site equipment
- Completion of preventative and predictive maintenance inspections and electrical and/or mechanical repairs for all equipment within area of responsibility
- Execute daily assigned work
- Manage through emergency breakdowns
- Support in root cause and prevention of future downtime events
- Work collaboratively with operators and other classifications across the site to reduce downtime, safety and quality risks
- Effective communication for shift crossovers, work order feedback, production meetings, and activity coordination between other shift members
- Above average troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve issues in a diverse, fast paced environment
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Must currently possess a valid Mechanical ticket in the province of Ontario
- Secondary trade license would be an asset with associated pay incentive
- Motivation and Positive Attitude
- Drive for Improvement
- Communication / Computer Skills
- Knowledge and Experience of operational process / packaging equipment
- Ability to use machine shop equipment and weld
- Knowledge and experience using maintenance control systems for submitting work requests and logging hours
- Ability to work shift work
Frito Lay Plant – 1001 Bishop Street North, Cambridge ON, N3H 4V8
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular