The Seasonal Production Labourer contributes to the success of PepsiCo Beverages Canada by efficiently operating and troubleshooting various pieces of housekeeping and production equipment, on both the can line and bottle line, in a safe manner. A strong focus on housekeeping and product quality In this role, you will be reporting to the Production Manager. This is a seasonal position in the Delta facility beginning in April and ending at the end of the summer. Candidates must be available to work afternoon and evening shifts as required.
- Hours: 24-40 hours per week.
- Frequently lifting/carrying a maximum of 60 lbs
- Occasionally pushing/pulling/lifting a maximum of 100 lbs. (with the aid of a mechanical device)
- Frequent bending and reaching above the shoulder
Qualifications / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent. A post-secondary education is preferred.
- Work experience in a food production plant as a general production labour or machine operator is an asset.
- Basic computer skils and comfortable with using fast paced equipment.
- In order to reduce possibility of injury to self and others the incumbent must be able to read and write English
- Cost exposure to the company is less than $100
- Ability to work shift work (evenings/afternoons/weekends)
- Forklift experience, preference will be given to individuals with a Forklift Certificate
- Problem-solving skills along with the ability to troubleshoot machine problems and make adjustments as necessary
- Team player who shows initiative, reliability and flexibility
Job Type: Temporary