Auto req ID: 168011BR
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
The Seasonal Account Merchandiser contributes to the success of PepsiCo Beverages Canada by providing exceptional customer service and creating enticing marketing displays to large accounts such as supermarkets and large retail stores. This includes, merchandising products, freshness rotation, marketing display creation & maintenance, cooler stocking/rotation, storage room organization and movement of product from storage room to sales floor and establishing a solid partnership with the Account Sales Representative. This position provides a great opportunity to learn the foundation of our business and can lead to a variety of career opportunities within our organization: sales, warehouse, delivery, sales operations, etc.
This is a seasonal role starting in May 2019 and ending in August/September 2019. The successful candidate must have open availability.
Hours: 20-30 hours per week.
Wage: $16.27 per hour.
Successful applicants will be required to pass a background check which includes a criminal record check, a reference check, a general employment verification, and confirms high school (or equivalent credential) completion.
Role Responsibilities Include:
- Merchandise store shelving, racks, coolers and displays with Pepsi products in our PepsiCo Beverages accounts
- Provide excellent service to assigned accounts; create and maintain goodwill with all customers
- Utilize Point-of-Sale materials in each account
- Create and maintain enticing marketing product displays to promote and generate sales activity
- Keep back room stock in neat and orderly condition, ensure shelving cleanliness is maintained
- Build solid partnership with Account Sales Representatives, Warehouse and Delivery teams
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner
- Complete required paperwork and processes in an accurate and timely manner
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) preferred
- Prior merchandising or customer service experience an asset
- Ability to work well independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform frequent physical activity
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs unassisted and push and pull 200 lbs on a pallet jack
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime as required
- Demonstrated communication, time management, organizational skills
- Possess a valid driver's license and daily access to a vehicle (mileage reimbursement applies)
Job Type: Temporary