PepsiCo's Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions group is seeking a candidate for an Associate Manager role. Qualified candidates will have outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational impact skills. Candidates must be able to solve complex business problems, identify profit growth opportunities, work in team-oriented environments, and interact frequently with senior level executives.
PepsiCo's Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions group is responsible for executing a wide range of transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic alliances, for PepsiCo to meet its long-term strategic goals. M&A associates get involved from the outset of a potential transaction, and work closely with Corporate Finance and business units throughout the process. Associates focus on structuring the transaction, leading due diligence, developing financial models, assisting with the business case and managing the internal approval process.
- Self-starting, innovative thinker who is passionate about what they do
- Exceptional analytical thinking and modeling skills, including DCF, comparable company, trading comparable, LBO analyses, and the ability to apply
- Develop and maintain complex financial valuation models, financial assumptions and strong underlying business case
- In-depth experience modeling acquisitions, divestitures, spin/split-offs, joint ventures, strategic analysis, buy vs. build, accretion / dilution, scenarios / sensitivities, synergy analyses
- Collaborate with PepsiCo business teams to synthesize industry/category dynamics and all aspects of the business case development (strategic rationale, financial analyses) and support execution (e.g., due diligence, approvals process)
- Directly involved with the execution of strategic alliances including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and minority positions
- Candidates should be able to balance a bias for leadership roles with an equal ability to work collaboratively within teams
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership experience and an interest in M&A and general interest in Corporate Finance
- Undergraduate degree is required; MBA preferred
- 2 + years of transaction execution experience either in investment banking, private equity, corporate development group of a corporation (M & A), or similar financial services institution
- Experience with superior, in-depth screening and analysis of potential opportunities for strategic fit, due diligence, negotiation and execution
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills required
- Food and/or beverage experience, as well as related consumer products background is preferred, but company will consider exceptional candidates with relevant skill sets from other industries
- Broad-based thinker with intellectual curiosity who takes a strategic approach and has creative insight and ability, to develop new ideas beyond already analyzed options
- Potential for upward mobility to help company build its "bench" to become a future senior leader at PepsiCo
- Travel 10-20%
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement