Bring your passion and talent to our stage and continue to share our future and deliver innovative products to our consumers.Step up to the biggest challenge of your career and realize your potential when your determination meets our dynamic culture.
PepsiCo is seeking an experienced grains trialist to join our Agro Discovery team to manage the execution of a global network of field trials in support of our grains improvement initiatives, and manage seed production within the oat breeding program. This scientist will work in a multi-disciplinary team and lead in-house and external research trials for oat and other grains to deliver a network of genetic x environment x management (GxExM) trials that 1) enable selection and breeding, 2) optimize variety advancement) develops variety-specific agronomic knowledge 4) provide representative structured samples for our ingredient discovery and tech applications teams, 5) explore grains variation for food manufacturing and consumption and 6) enable discovery of key grains attributes. The high-quality, statistically robust datasets will underpin PepsiCo product innovation, trait discovery, breeding, and agronomic innovation.
- Coordinate a global network of oat trials by collaborating on experimental designs, managing the budget, coordinating supply of seed or starting materials, monitoring field data capture, managing harvest and post-harvest sample acquisition and storage, and ensuring all data is curated, secured, and reported to agreed timelines
- Foster collaborative partnerships with external academic and industry partners to build and maintain a robust global trials network to achieve business objectives
- Manage the oat program seed ramp to ensure purity, grain quantities for all trial needs, and breeder’s seed for variety commercialization
- Provide input to global crop trialling council to oversee standardization of trial protocols for each crop and trialling best practice. Take responsibility for implementation of PepsiCo standardized protocols and best practice across the global trial network
- Proactively manage projects and timelines to meet business deliverables and milestones, and applying PepsiCo project management standards and practices
- Provide regular reports and data summaries to project teams and department leaders
- Master’s Degree in agronomy or plant breeding
- Understanding across crops, with knowledge of small grains
- Fundamental understanding of crop agronomy, physiology, and breeding
- Expertise in design (basic) and execution of field experiments, data management and statistical interpretation.
- Excellent reporting skills
- Travel up to 20% of their time, including travel to Canada and other international destinations, with the bulk occurring during the growing season, specifically May - August
- Must be willing to work flex-schedule to accommodate phone and video conferences across multiple time zones as an efficient alternative to travel
- Experience using terrestrial and remote sensors, plus precision agriculture tools
- A proven ability to work closely with colleagues on complex projects with a high degree of flexibility and comfort with change
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with a high degree of flexibility and comfort with change while maintaining scientific excellence
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement