The primary focus of this position is to support and recognize Plant requirements as well as our Mechanical teams needs, to ensure the Mechanical department is able to operate at a best in class capacity. The role will report into the Maintenance Business Unit Leader and consist of the following:
- Complete payroll for all mechanical department to be processed in Kronos
- Responsible for all mechanical department scheduling of work as well as Vacation time
- Support area trades in the event of a major breakdown (the technical point for any advanced or major loss breakdowns)
- Initiate research with area trades in developing resolutions to BDA issues
- Support Maintenance Coordinator in developing predictive projects to completion
- Support Engineering projects to completion and provide communication to the electrical team on the project elements
- Supply communications to mechanical trades on the resolution to chronic issues, provide the appropriate coaching and mentorship to trades in effort to reduce chronic failure
- Developing new hire trades training regiment using the input from the entire skilled trades group. Research fundamental training programs
- Research and present training regiments that the group will use as a hole to increase skill sets.
- Support each Mechanic in “their own” specific training requirements and supply technical tools, resources, and mentorship to enable effective training in their comfort area.
- Work with 3rd party contractors to complete specific maintenance tasks
- Help develop a training regiment for electrical apprentices and support their key growth initiatives.
- Review weekly with engineering upcoming projects and installs and communicate it to the mechanical team (this is a must to maintain communications and information transfer).
- Experience working with computers to learn our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Open minded individual understanding of everchanging business requirements.
The successful candidate must be willing to learn and listen, speak with truth and candor, and poses professionalism at the highest levels. The candidate must demonstrate motivation to achieve satisfactory results. The successful candidate will demonstrate superior technical aptitude, as well as demonstrating exceptional communication, coaching and mentoring, and leadership skills.
Applicant interviews will be scheduled to further discuss this job posting and answer any questions regarding this position.
The Company reserves the right to change your duties and reporting relationships as required from time to time.
- Degree in Engineering, Red Seal Trade, Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or Industrial Electrician with 5 years manufacturing experience and 3 years supervisory experience.
- Experience with Medium and Hi- voltage systems, transformers and switch gear.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies such as ESA, TSSA
- Demonstrated project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead and coach trades people and groups of individuals with various levels of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to long range plan and execution of the plan
- Fundamental Knowledge of CMMS systems and maintenance practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of root cause analysis, FMECA - Failure Modes & Effects Criticality Analysis, predictive maintenance tools and statistical analysis tools.
Job Type: Regular